Darren Aronofsky's Mother! (Trailer) starring Jennifer Lawrence and Javier Bardem

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Wait, your punk-ass didn't see this in theaters? :why:
I got really sick that month. Besides he burned all his goodwill with Noah. And still doesn't have it back with this one. Though i'm still processing it

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finished this morning and still don't know what to think of it. Felt like a weird fever dream :leostare:

• Dap
Reactions: ADP

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I appreciate what he was trying to say here (I think?)

But he did a bit too much. I still kinda liked it though...makes me think of Neon Demon in the sense that its an ambitious idea with great performances, but very alienating to the viewer

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Is this on Netflix or HBO or something? Seeing a lot more impressions all of a sudden.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
what was the shyt in the toilet?
and what was that shyt she was drinking??

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
After watching arrival this was the movie i was scared Villeneuve was on the road to making :whoa:

Thank gawd Blade Runner got him back on track :whew:

This movie is :mjlol:

I know the whole biblical thing...but a part of me thinks this is really a satirical dark comedy about a movie about the bible...:mjlol:

If movie is supposed to be serious then :hhh:...but if movie is a troll job then it is gawd tier troll job :mjlol:

shyt is pretencious as fukk, noting deep about this movie. Then again I went in spoiled knowing what it was based on, I wonder if that warped my perspective.......this is coming from someone that enjoyed Noah.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
This movie was hot fukken garbage. Good lord.

Interesting how a Jew would create a movie like this.

I was warned but I still watched. Shame on me. :francis:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
This kinda reminds me of Kevin Smith.

He seems to question Christianity and be all critical of it, but he's possessed by it and has to frame everything relative to it.

I go to church every Sunday cause I like the show but they prolly better not ask me what I belive in cause I don't belive in anything because of pure faith. And if it defies logic then I stick with logic.

So I don't walk around with a chip on my shoulder trying to re explain and redefine religion to myself. I don't ponder it and try to refute it. If somebody asks or if I get drunk I might try to explain where The Bible seems to fall apart - logically - and what might be a little more sensical, but I've never written a rap or made a drawing trying to.. investigate? capture? vent? rant? about it.

To me it would be like a long ass essay about the Easter Bunny. It means something. It's ancient. Prolly some interesting history to it. But it doesn't warrant some gut wrenching portrait or lifelong examination. Just a paragraph or two - IF I even find a reason to refer to it.

It's like they believe all the shyt they are sort of implying that they aren't that serious about. It's like an old head saying 'fukc this new shyt. I like the old Hip Hop'. But instead of just listening to your old Hip Hop and shutting up about it, old head wants to make a speech about it everytime you see him. He listens to ALL the new rappers that he hates AND on the low is in his basement perfecting mumble rap singlehandedly. Nah mean?

If you think the Bible is misguided or whatever you're going on about, why spend so much time pouring over it.

Move on to the thing that does speak to you and makes sense. Or do you not have ANY idea what it is, you just know this ain't it?

And if there is no worldview that DOES pass the test of you being fully on board and everything making sense to you - so you go around rejecting the ones other people have put forth but you have never found one that is right (according to your inner sense of what's sounds right) ...

maybe this is it. Even though you hate it, maybe the logic DOES break down and it's not perfect and there is no possible way to fill that black hole of skepticism within you.

Anyway. Movie was cool but - logically - it just lost me somewhere in the very end.

I don't think this is a spoiler but it refers to something specific:

The young wife has remodeled the house by hand.. or did she just show up. Looks like she just showed up. And that little detail right there lost me. But other stuff like: who would she even call to come regualte? What would that represent?

Nice fukcing try.

Listen to me artists.

We do not need anyone to re-tell the oldest stories in the world. Your inner child might still be crying cause of Santa Claus but other than that these myths don't need to be examined as if they are science. They are not. They are poetry. No need to rewrite them, just read and discuss them as is.

Write your own poem. Invent your own anthropomorphic talking animal (how about the Summer Solstice Moo Cow. Comes and leaves a glass of ice cold milk on your window sill..), attach him to a holiday, and tell us something NEW. Make your statement. We can already read the ancient books for ourselves.

Fun time but I am so over retelling such stories.

4/5 for me tho. Kept me engaged. I didn't even look up the wiki on it halfway through like I am want to do.