Darren Aronofsky's Mother! (Trailer) starring Jennifer Lawrence and Javier Bardem

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I actually take your opinion in high regard. :ld:

Luckily I didn't find it at the spot I went to. :heh:

Why didn't you like it?

Thanks breh.

Without spoiling too much, thematically it's loosely based on....something (again, no spoilers) but only in certain parts. Kinda like....let's say a movie was based on "Macbeth"....but only really loosely based on it, and everything that wasn't inspired by "Macbeth" was just kinda throw together haphazardly.

It is trippy as fukk but it's a mess. If you can catch it on VOD or bootleg peep it but I personally wouldn't pay money for it.

Fred.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Thanks breh.

Without spoiling too much, thematically it's loosely based on....something (again, no spoilers) but only in certain parts. Kinda like....let's say a movie was based on "Macbeth"....but only really loosely based on it, and everything that wasn't inspired by "Macbeth" was just kinda throw together haphazardly.

It is trippy as fukk but it's a mess. If you can catch it on VOD or bootleg peep it but I personally wouldn't pay money for it.

Fred.
so the story is a big clusterfukk? I know it’s based on religious themes, so I’m guessing the spoiler is the Bible?

Just one big unorganized layout?

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
so the story is a big clusterfukk? I know it’s based on religious themes, so I’m guessing the spoiler is the Bible?

Just one big unorganized layout?

Yeah, to all this.

You guessed right, it's loosely based on the Bible. The creation story, Adam and Eve, Cain and Abel, etc. But imagine a drug addict trying to tell you about all that, and rambling, and fukking up major parts of the Bible. That's basically this movie.

Fred.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Yeah, to all this.

You guessed right, it's loosely based on the Bible. The creation story, Adam and Eve, Cain and Abel, etc. But imagine a drug addict trying to tell you about all that, and rambling, and fukking up major parts of the Bible. That's basically this movie.

Fred.
I’m in no hurry then. :hubie:

• Dap
Reactions: hex
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
Watching now:scust:

shyt :francis:

shyt reminds me of a Lupe verse how he just rap about what he sees in a picture and it's supposed to be special:mjlol:

R4AD the only good thing this dude ever done:mjlol:

Um black swan has a word....

And I must be in the minority here but I really enjoyed mother a great deal. Especially on a second viewing. His style is definitely an acquired taste to say the least. Far from the worst movie or anything close to one tho

DerrtySouthpaw

Gawdisbyke
Daps
Reppin
404 to 205
Just watched this. They fukked up trying to make this a horror movie but it’s still extremely disturbing especially if you feel a certain way about the mistreatment of kids.

But..... really liked it. Because of struggles with religion I like the direction it went. But if you don’t like this movie I completely understand it.