"Darkness, No Parents."-The Official Top 10 Movies and Top 5 Worst Movies of 2014 Voting ends 2/25

OmegaZero

Zero
Daps
Top 10 movies I watched in 2014
1)The Lego Movie
2)The Raid 2
3)Birdman
4)Whiplash
5)Nightcrawler
6)Guardians of the Galaxy
7)Gone Girl
8)The Grand Budapest Hotel
9)John Wick
10)X-men: Days of Future past

Honorable Mentions
1)Edge of Tomorrow
2)Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
3)Big Hero 6
4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier
5)The Equalizer

Top 5 worst movie I watched in 2014
1)Transformers: Age of Extinction- Lord have mercy, I didn't expect this movie to be that awful. I watched this movie with no expectation what so ever and it some how went below that. I thought the action was going to be good and even that was awful. The worst part, some people clapped at the end, i laughed at them and at myself for watching such an awful movie.

2)Taken 3- Man, this movie was just boring. Not going to lie, the first 20 minutes was okay to me. After that, I was wondering how much longer until this movie end.

3)Godzilla- Why the flying fukk would you kill the best actor of the movie within the first 20-30 minutes!?!?! Not to mention the lead actor and actress (if you can call them that) were god awful and Godzilla didn't get enough screen time for my liking.

4)The Hunger Games: Mockingjay part 1- I understand this movie sets the table for part 2 but nonetheless, it was very underwhelming.

5)The Amazing Spider-Man 2: It wasn't awful but man, it wasn't good. What they did with Electro and Hobgoblin was bad. The story was forgettable too.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
1. Nightcrawler
2. Grand Budapest Hotel
3. Whiplash
4. The Lego Movie
5. Guardians of the Galaxy
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
7. Edge Of Tomorrow
8. John Wick
9. Birdman
10. Foxcatcher

HM

Land Ho
Boyhood
Under The Skin
Fury
Interstellar

Last edited:

StraxStrax

Daps
I dapped his post because I looked up Land Ho and it's some incredibly dumb looking comedy that has a 5.9 on IMDb, typical @StraxStrax shyt. :deadrose:

Rest of the list is as uninspired as yours so don't even try to start some shyt. :umad:

:russ:

I can't front, two of the HM might be there because I've multiple friends who worked on them.

Also my list is perfect:pacspit:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
:russ:

I can't front, two of the HM might be there because I've multiple friends who worked on them.

Also my list is perfect:pacspit:

You have friends who were involved in ScarJo getting naked? :lupe:

Back to the point, your list is every other list, and while undoubtedly there will always be movies that stand out enough to cross over on a lot of lists, I absolutely refuse to believe that people have so little of a personal taste, a favoritism, a fukking mind of their own, that no 'atypical' movie crawled into their list. I refuse it, I tell ya.

StraxStrax

Daps
You have friends who were involved in ScarJo getting naked? :lupe:

Back to the point, your list is every other list, and while undoubtedly there will always be movies that stand out enough to cross over on a lot of lists, I absolutely refuse to believe that people have so little of a personal taste, a favoritism, a fukking mind of their own, that no 'atypical' movie crawled into their list. I refuse it, I tell ya.

I can only speak on my own behave in this matter but I'll bet my top 10 for 2014 will be totally different in 5 years time. The good' atypical' movies often don't always appear to me in the year it comes out. My fav. film from 2007 is a Romanian film that I hadn't even heard of before I saw it in 2013. I really hope 2014 had a gem like Come and See or Mirror but I'm not sad about it because I have faith I'll see it one day :manny:

StraxStrax

Daps
Which reminds me, what do you think is the best film of the dutch director you said I reminded you of?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Which reminds me, what do you think is the best film of the dutch director you said I reminded you of?

Martin Koolhoven. His best movie is probably the off-beat drama Suzy Q, which stars a young Carice van Houten (you may know her from Verhoeven's Black Book or Game Of Thrones). Good luck finding it though, the movie is so obscure he put in on Youtube like a year ago himself so more people could finally watch it. His most popular movie is Winter In Wartime, although I don't know why because it was painfully mediocre.

You'll hear more of him soon enough though, he's currently working on a western called Brimstone with Guy Pearce, Robert Pattinson and Mia Wasikowska.

For the record, like most Dutch directors he's uninspired and visionless. So hopefully you'll end up doing better than him, although that can't be too hard.

StraxStrax

Daps
tumblr_mfs0nl4tFo1ryzrvno1_500.gif

StraxStrax

Daps

I'll just watch this over and over while we wait

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
:what:The fukk. We only gonna have 2 days to discuss before the next list starts.

Only takes me 30 minutes to tally my lists.:beli:What's the problem @kp404