Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (Linux/Mac/Windows/Vita)

cfountain

Wavy Like A Lake
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
I wonder if Makoto's gonna come in and crush the buildings again. :wow:
They better not kill him:mjcry: i could see it happening though.

The Ultimate Hope being killed off...no more hope, only despair:sadcam:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I'm playing through this right now lol. Good, but not on the level of the first so far imo (I'm up to the amusement park case). Characters aren't as interesting and Makoto >>>>> Hajime.
The game seems almost too similar to the first. Same music and assets for a lot of it.
I am looking forward to V3 and expecting something different as there was a 4 1/2 year gap between 2 & 3 compared to just 1 1/2 between 1 & 2. Also, it's the first game built from the ground up specifically for Vita/PS4. First 2 games were PSP ports.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
3 is the anime sequel to 1 and 2 that finishes the story line. V3 is the game that is a new story with new characters. I'm talking about the anime 3 not V3 the game.
V3 a new game entirely? No Makoto or Kyoko or any of them?

Anyway, just finished part 2. I feel 1 was a better game as some of the refinements you would expect in a sequel ended up falling flat for me. The rhythm game might actually be worse, Hangman's Gambit is much, much fukking worse despite supposedly being improved, and the snowboarding mini game was actually ok but didn't fit to me. I hated Hangman's Gambit in this game with a passion. I understand it might've been too easy in the first but this was trash. Some of the words were so long and having to spell them in order killed it cause it took so damn long for certain letters to appear.

Nagito was my favorite character and Chapter 5 was my favorite trial.

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yeah, I wasnt feeling the changes they made to the trials.

I still have to watch 3.
The half of 3 that has the D2 characters is great. The D1 character's side is pretty trash. Towards the end of D2's half you get to really see first hand how great of a villain the antagonist of D1 was because it sets up the plot of the first and second games.