Damon Lindelof Star Wars movie cancelled

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
They have only themselves to blame. Could have easily set it 200-300 years in the future with no ties to the OG characters...Build from scratch...nope, they crash this shyt right into the toilet.

Only good movie from that run was Rogue One...

the force awakens was pretty good. after that it was a total shyt-show.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Its wild how Rogue One was able to walk the line of being steeped in nostalgia and providing some fan service while also being a departure from what we consider the Star Wars formula to be, and be successful at the box office yet no one at Disney saw fit to give other directors a shot at making something outside the standard SW movie formula.
Like shyt, the beginning of every movie says "a galaxy far far away". The only connecting point, imo, is the force. You have such ability to create something new. There's a literal universe worth of creativity

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Disney NUKED this franchise.

The MCU is likely to suffer a similar fate.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
A mandalorian movie would be the biggest movie they can make right now.
You have spoken

Nick-Nolte-and-Misty-Rosas-as-Kuiil-in-The-Mandalorian.jpg

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
They have only themselves to blame. Could have easily set it 200-300 years in the future with no ties to the OG characters...Build from scratch...nope, they crash this shyt right into the toilet.

Only good movie from that run was Rogue One...

OR started with the EU novels with old luke and started the THRAWN war...:beli:

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They are afraid of going forward...
I remember the first time I was introduced to the idea of "the prequel." I thought it was a clever way to flesh out the lore and back stories.

.....a couple decades later I roll my eyes whenever some property announced prequels. It's just a cop out cause they're scared to move forward. They'd rather explain to us the origin of Mace Windu picking purple for his light saber. Easy nostalgia.

The only prequels I've ever liked is Better Call Saul and maybe House of the Dragon. But even of those 2 you can tell which author had a vision and which was just scared.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
This is crazy. He's essentially saying Disney has sky high expectations because they fumbled the bag and cant take risks anymore with the shaky ass foundation they put the franchise on. Right now they're essentially just paying big name directors and writers to come up with something after the fall out with Last Jedi, Solo, AND Rise of Skywalker having directorial issues.

Its pretty much over at this point for a Star Wars movie that is fully original and groundbreaking. The fans are too unruly and the stakes are too high for something that will represent Star Wars cinematically for multiple years. But its not the fans fault, its all the handling of this franchise and playing with people's expectations all around. They can't really pull a Marvel either because there's not enough material that they're willing to use creatively on a big screen. The High Republic isn't old enough yet and untested. Best we can hope for is a Goonies style reboot with young actors that at least tries to reset things.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Hate the fact that the series is called Star Wars but only takes place over like 40 years with the same 12 characters and 2 families.

Like can we get back to the expanded universe side of things? Set it in the past, set it in the far future, theres a lot of stuff you can do outside of the sky walkers
This... there's 2394791824739284183 books on this universe and I see the same goddamn period and family every time.. What happened before? What happens after? Hurry up and get to that shyt

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Star Wars is better on television.

They have absolutely NO IDEA what they’re doing with the movies as evidenced by that HORRID excuse for a trilogy that Kathleen Kennedy forced upon the populace.

They’ll NEVER do what they should do, which is go begging and pleading to George Lucas to give them a story treatment and/or outline to follow and have him on as an executive producer to fix the mess they made so fukk it. Star Wars on the big screen is dead

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
It’s crazy how bad they fukked up the movie side of things :mindblown: it’s been four years since the last one..they were churning them bytches out once a year at first.
They went into the sequel trilogy with no plan.. and ended up giving folk absolute garbage.

Star Wars can still have a future on the big screen.. but it's gonna be atleast another 5-6 years from now