Damon Lindelof Star Wars movie cancelled

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

There has been a disturbance in the force, as screenwriters Damon Lindelof and Justin Britt-Gibson have exited the Star Wars project that Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy remains slated to direct, Above the Line has exclusively learned.

Lindelof and Britt-Gibson turned in a draft of the script in mid-February and parted ways with the project just days later, according to sources. Lucasfilm already has a new writer on board, though ATL was unable to ascertain their identity, and production is slated to start in February 2024 ahead of the film's planned release date on Dec. 19, 2025.

"I will just say, that for reasons that I can't get into on this Sunday morning, on this day, the degree of difficulty is extremely, extremely, extremely high," said Lindelof. "If it can't be great, it shouldn't exist. That's all I'll say, because I have the same association with it as you do, which is, it's the first movie I saw sitting in my dad's lap, four years old, May of '77. I think it's possible that sometimes when you hold something in such high reverence and esteem, you start to get in the kitchen and you just go, 'Maybe I shouldn't be cooking. Maybe I should just be eating.' We'll just leave it at that."

A shame, it probably would have been dope

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
They have only themselves to blame. Could have easily set it 200-300 years in the future with no ties to the OG characters...Build from scratch...nope, they crash this shyt right into the toilet.

Only good movie from that run was Rogue One...

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
They have only themselves to blame. Could have easily set it 200-300 years in the future with no ties to the OG characters...Build from scratch...nope, they crash this shyt right into the toilet.

Only good movie from that run was Rogue One...
They saw the reaction from Mando where they just acquiesced to the OG fandom. They know they can just show a scene of Chewbacca having avocado toast at brunch and nikkas will lose their proverbial shyt. Why think out of the box when that's the case?

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
They saw the reaction from Mando where they just acquiesced to the OG fandom. They know they can just show a scene of Chewbacca having avocado toast at brunch and nikkas will lose their proverbial shyt. Why think out of the box when that's the case?

They are afraid of going forward...we didn't need a Obi-Wan series at all. We had nearly 7 hours of prequels along with numerous seasons of Clone Wars.

They need to take a chance and do a fresh take with the films, not continue with the endless prequel era ideas...