Damn. So it’s cheaper to rent instead of own in America’s 50 largest metro areas. Yikes.

Let A Fro Be A Fro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dirty South
cover4.jpg

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
Yeah, me and my wife got so much shyt to write off so we easily pass that standard deduction. I get it.

But even without tax breaks, ownership of a home/condo is an asset unlike renting.

That shyt is the kinda of smart dumb foolishness that circulates so much on social media having our people believe that is the way. It's a giant fukkin fleece.

About to get into tax liens this year. Hope to have one bought my end of year.

I’m 100% for buying houses. You can’t time the market nor when the FEDs will drop the rates. There are still gems to be bought. You just have to find those diamonds in the rough and do the numbers.

We were going to buy this summer but decided to wait a little while longer unless we find the right lick. Until then, we are still looking and adding to the investment bucket.

I tried the auction game in ‘18. Them boys are ruthless. Havent done the tax lien game though. Good luck! My Wife has a family home in Miami. They can’t pay their taxes. Long story.

We looked into seeing if anybody bought the tax lien on it and sure enough…

Cold world.
:wow:

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel sorry for anyone who isn’t educated enough and actually takes this at face value and thinks they’re winning by renting

images
Taking a mortgage is spreading your cheeks for the banking system and keeping a corrupted system of exploitation in place at the cost of others while falsely telling yourself and us that you're beating the system by playing it smart = c00ning

But go ahead and feel educated I guess :yeshrug:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Taking a mortgage is spreading your cheeks for the banking system and keeping a corrupted system of exploitation in place at the cost of others while falsely telling yourself and us that you're beating the system by playing it smart = c00ning

But go ahead and feel educated I guess :yeshrug:

Geez this is sad. Godspeed brother

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
No, it’s not. They never account for principal paid down, tax write offs and asset appreciation. Is this some sort of owner-class scam to convince the poors to be happy renting forever?

I feel sorry for anyone who isn’t educated enough and actually takes this at face value and thinks they’re winning by renting

images

it's all about retiring. having a paid off house in your 60s vs still renting :huhldup:

Is it possible to take the savings from renting and putting that in the market, then coming out on top?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
No, it’s not. They never account for principal paid down, tax write offs and asset appreciation. Is this some sort of owner-class scam to convince the poors to be happy renting forever?
They also never account for the fact that you can eventually sell your owned property and potentially even see a nice return on your investment.
Like you said assets can appreciate in value.

Them rental payments are gone forever once paid,