Damn. So it’s cheaper to rent instead of own in America’s 50 largest metro areas. Yikes.

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, it’s not. They never account for principal paid down, tax write offs and asset appreciation. Is this some sort of owner-class scam to convince the poors to be happy renting forever?

That math ain't matching in that article. Where is the study?
"This can't be!!!"
full

:umad:

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
It kind of makes sense. I live in unincorporated Decatur Atlanta. If I bought my home today, with the how much taxes costs now. Insurance, plus the home price and including 7% interest…
:ohhh:
I can only imagine that mortgage. They probably add lawn care and maintenance as well. I can rent my house for $2400 now. Mortgage calculator says my payment would be $2600.
:damn:
Glad I bought when I did.
:wow:

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, it’s not. They never account for principal paid down, tax write offs and asset appreciation. Is this some sort of owner-class scam to convince the poors to be happy renting forever?
I agree that this should be taken into account. But by the same token, the difference in rent vs mortgage payments+interest+maintenance costs could have been put in the market every month for decades. So that opportunity cost should also be taken into account...

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
It kind of makes sense. I live in unincorporated Decatur Atlanta. If I bought my home today, with the how much taxes costs now. Insurance, plus the home price and including 7% interest…
:ohhh:
I can only imagine that mortgage. They probably add lawn care and maintenance as well. I can rent my house for $2400 now. Mortgage calculator says my payment would be $2600.
:damn:
Glad I bought when I did.
:wow:

in that 2600 a month payment, you probably paying at least 13k a year in interest on 7% and who knows what in property taxes (at least 3k in Decatur). That's almost 16k you can write off in tax deductions that you can't when renting.

they suckering people and of course so many goofies believe everything they read on the internet that they fall for this nonsense.

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
in that 2600 a month payment, you probably paying at least 13k a year in interest on 7% and who knows what in property taxes (at least 3k in Decatur). That's almost 16k you can write off in tax deductions that you can't when renting.

they suckering people and of course so many goofies believe everything they read on the internet that they fall for this nonsense.

Standard deduction for a married couple is 26k now I believe. You would have to find another 10k to write off. Some people can and do with medical expenses, contributions, etc…

I get what you are saying. I can buy a 3/2 condo 1600SF down the street for under 175K so there is some value in buying even at these interest rates.

Still it’s tough out here. Supply is coming up here in Decatur. Them new builds are everywhere and the developers are knocking those prices down every month. Apartments are coming up so the rents should stabilize if not come down.

You can’t say that for every market.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Standard deduction for a married couple is 26k now I believe. You would have to find another 10k to write off. Some people can and do with medical expenses, contributions, etc…

I get what you are saying. I can buy a 3/2 condo 1600SF down the street for under 175K so there is some value in buying even at these interest rates.

Still it’s tough out here. Supply is coming up here in Decatur. Them new builds are everywhere and the developers are knocking those prices down every month. Apartments are coming up so the rents should stabilize if not come down.

You can’t say that for every market.

Yeah, me and my wife got so much shyt to write off so we easily pass that standard deduction. I get it.

But even without tax breaks, ownership of a home/condo is an asset unlike renting.

That shyt is the kinda of smart dumb foolishness that circulates so much on social media having our people believe that is the way. It's a giant fukkin fleece.

About to get into tax liens this year. Hope to have one bought my end of year.