Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Do these Charvarius Ward stats shock anyone else? We gave him up for a scrub olineman prior to the '18 season.

Not at all but he wouldn't have performed like that with us.
Our DB/secondary philosophy is to keep the receiver in front of them and tackle. Very little bump and run.
They're not taught to fight for the ball in the air or attack it.

The coaching overhaul on this unit is one of my favorites.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Do these Charvarius Ward stats shock anyone else? We gave him up for a scrub olineman prior to the '18 season.

If he was that nice, somebody would've drafted him :mjpls:

The Chiefs traded for him to be the 5th corner. He won the starting job this year.. You acting like they traded away an all-pro corner

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Whoa it's official?

If they do it definately won't be this year.

Not after the just paid Lawrence all that money. He can't play in a 3-4 scheme. Jaylon Smith is probably the only linebacker that can play in it.

So nah, it's not official.
Speculation on my part

Its not official, but it definitely is what Nolan and McCarthy prefer. I can see them running a 4-3 this season because of the current personnel, but next year switching.

Jaylon, Tank, LVE, and Crawford can easily thrive in a 3-4

Our biggest ? in going back to the 3-4 is the DL. But we have a lot of question marks there as is. Only current d-linemen under contract for next season are:

Tank
Crawford
Armstrong
J. Jackson
Gregory
Hill
Jelks

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont see the positive in going back to a 3-4. its plenty of teams still playing right now that run a 4-3. Rod was just trash. If Nolan is as good as hes hyped up to be he can run a 4-3. Coaches adjust to the talent they have and we have a 4-3 defense.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
I dont see the positive in going back to a 3-4. its plenty of teams still playing right now that run a 4-3. Rod was just trash. If Nolan is as good as hes hyped up to be he can run a 4-3. Coaches adjust to the talent they have and we have a 4-3 defense.
:unimpressed:

7 of the top 10 defenses in the league run a 3-4.

Nolan likes to disguise what he is doing on defense, hence preferring a 3-4.

Im tired of these young QBs being able to easily dissect what we are doing on defense

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:unimpressed:

7 of the top 10 defenses in the league run a 3-4.

Nolan likes to disguise what he is doing on defense, hence preferring a 3-4.

Im tired of these young QBs being able to easily dissect what we are doing on defense
Top 10 based on what? Points....yards.....advanced analytics? Cause i know vikings and niners and titans are 4-3