Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
We shouldve seen this with how theyve played since the Philly game.

We will win the rest of our division games and they have difficult schedules
They were averaging 3-4 turnovers a game at the beginning of the season, they've had three the last two games. A slight improvement, but that's still a significant reason why the defense "looks better".

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Why do people keep assuming Kellen Moore isn't calling the plays :dahell:

That's HIS offense, not McCarthy's. This has been all Moore. McCarthy might say go for it on 4th down or pass instead for run, but Moore is the one in charge of calling actual plays.

He never gets credit when the offense is playing well, and all of the blame when it isn't.

FooFighters

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
The Vikings defense is ranked towards the bottom. They almost lost to the Bears last week, so it was only a matter of time before their inconsistency caught up with them. The worst thing about these wins is that it brings this out.

:mjlol:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some thing is off with the cornerback play. How do wr get so much separation? I’m not just talking down the field but the trail technique period on out passing and crossing patterns over the middle
that pass that Jefferson dropped on the final drive would’ve been a killer because awuzie was at least 8 yards off him and the closet defender was Jaylon Smith who legs was facing the opposition direction Jefferson was goin :francis:. He would’ve got at least 10 yards after the catch and the sideline

Is it coaching, is it scheming or is it the talent at cornerback. I can’t even tell at this point.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Some thing is off with the cornerback play. How do wr get so much separation? I’m not just talking down the field but the trail technique period on out passing and crossing patterns over the middle
that pass that Jefferson dropped on the final drive would’ve been a killer because awuzie was at least 8 yards off him and the closet defender was Jaylon Smith who legs was facing the opposition direction Jefferson was goin :francis:. He would’ve got at least 10 yards after the catch and the sideline

Is it coaching, is it scheming or is it the talent at cornerback. I can’t even tell at this point.
It’s all of the above.

Scheme has our DBs playing for the tackle and to prevent big plays. Bend but don’t break. Seems like for the last decade or so our secondary technique is to keep everything in front and make the tackle. Contesting at the catch isn’t really high priority, from what I’ve seen. Nobody turns their head around in coverage.

We don’t draft dawgs, and even if/when we do, any aggressive technique gets coached out of them and they turn into soft betas who give 7 yard cushions on 3rd and 3.

And as far as players go, we don’t prioritize DBs. I don’t need to say anything about Safeties, it’s apparent how the team values the position. As far as CBs, team makes no effort to get guys in FA. Once they got burned by Brandon Carr, they’ve been terrified of handing out money to a CB since.

And the only CBs we drafted high in Byron and Diggs, we let one of them walk after he went All Pro. The rest of these guys: Brown, Awuzie, and Lewis are just guys that were the best remaining after better guys had been taken.

We could have taken Rapp or Thornhill or Abram but took Trysten Hill instead. Could have taken Ramsey but took Zeke. Could have traded up 2 spots for Derwin, but took LVE.

Team doesn’t give a fukk about DB play. They think drafting a single Byron or Diggs every 5 years and surrounding him with 3 or 4 other trash players is enough.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
I just thought of a dope offseason thread title. I'm actually proud of myself. :wow:
Damn, I had one in the chamber but it was a play on Vought and Amazon's series The Boys :patrice:

One thing thats very evident is this staff>>> every staff under Garrett

Special Teams is an actual strength for once

Play calling is MUCH better on offense

Defense actually plays aggressive. Marinelli wouldve had them boys in a soft Zone in that final possession
Pollard been ball but bro still had a return to like the 10 lol