Cyberpunk developer asked about lack of police chases...responds Elden Ring won't have any either

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
If you actually read the full context he was joking and admitted they just couldn’t get it working right.

But he’s also kinda correct in that most open world RPGs don’t have or need police chases. They are cool to mess around with in a game like GTA. But for the style of game Cyberpunk is I don’t think they were needed. Hell they get kinda annoying in GTA, especially when they are forced after a mission :scust:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Red Dead 2 had NPCs walking around doing their own side quest on base ps4.... fukking coding wizardry. Cyberpunk 2077 npc aimlessly walk around in circles, walk into their twin, and despawn.

It honestly exposes the Witcher 3 technical achievements being a really good game of charades with a theme that's so easy to fake.
Stop it. Shenmue did that decades ago. Ain’t no “wizardry” about it. Just a different style of game.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Company will never truly recover from that shyt.
Went from the darlings of the games industry to a pariah

Eh i disagree, every big gaming company has a dud, and this isnt even a dud really its just the way they handled the rollout which was fukked up.

By the time they announce witcher 4 everyone will forget this shyt existed, unless they fix it and improve upon it next year with the next gen launch

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
They should have just made this game using UE4 or some shyt. Their engine clearly wasn't ready for a modern game. You can get away with ai discrepancies with medieval games, but that shyt don't work for modern games.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
So what's the story with the true next generation versions of cyberpunk is that just a myth at this point