Cyberpunk 2077 sees massive resurgence in sales after success of show, tracking ahead of Elden Ring

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Definitively worse

Fallout 4 is a great shooter but a terrible rpg

I feel the opposite i feel like cyberpunk is a better shooter than it is an RPG. The individual choice mechanics and personalized story of cyberpunk fell very short. I also feel like build variety is something Bethesda does better, if only marginally, exploration and wander of night city also doesn’t compare to the Wasteland where you feel like anything could happen.

Where as I do feel like there were some big story decisions in fallout 4, especially the last 3rd, even if they were kind of a rehash of fallout 3. Cyberpunks aesthetic and settings is just vastly more interesting than fallout at this point and the guns are definitely better.

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
You think fallout 4 is better or worse?
dramatically worse lmao

how would you even explain what fallout 4 does better than new vegas. shyt, what does it do better than skyrim - a game that came out 4 years earlier

the combat is ass
the rpg side is only salvaged by the perk system
the dialogue and story is the worst in the series
the game is majority empty space
it looked like garbage when it released. by today's standards it can barely stand up to mobile games
I feel the opposite i feel like cyberpunk is a better shooter than it is an RPG. The individual choice mechanics and personalized story of cyberpunk fell very short.

Where as I do feel like there were some big story decisions in fallout 4, especially the last 3rd, even if they were kind of a rehash of fallout 3
if you went even half spec into any tree in cyberpunk, there's no way you can say the rpg side was anywhere near what fallout had.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
the combat is ass

Agreed, which is why I think Cyberpunk is ultimately the better shooter, the guns in cyberpunk are actually top tier for the type of game it is.
the rpg side is only salvaged by the perk system
The perk system (which is not to be understated) is a hallmark of the series. So yeah, it has that going for it, on top of the side content and there are more significant choices made in fallout universe.

the dialogue and story is the worst in the series

Agreed.
it looked like garbage when it released. by today's standards it can barely stand up to mobile games

Agreed.
the game is majority empty space

Realistically Cyberpunk is the same way. Night City is more dense but its just as shallow and theres far less to actually do in night city versus fallout. In fallout you can run into actual interesting random events and storylines. I feel like that only happened to me cyberpunk like 3 times maybe, one of them was the chop shop doctor harvesting people.

In fallout you can wander into a settlement of cannibals, ghouls, another vault with a storyline attached to it, you can nuke a colony, run into some random high level unique mob…etc

On top of that you get companions in fallout with their own attributes, personality and questline. It’s all around a more in depth rpg experience than Cyberpunk which feels like its almost on rails until the very end.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
It’s was always objectively a great game.
I do not think you know what the word "objectively" means. You probably meant "subjective" because the game was not great at launch and really is only good recently. Bugs everywhere, many game breaking or disruptive enough to make you stop playing. Removed features and weakened content to make the deadline, such as the police system, transit, etc... . Not fully fleshing out the lifepaths is another one on my mind. I do not have to bring up fact that it was removed from the Sony store due to how broken it was.

It may be down the line a "great game" if CD pulls a "No Man's Sky" with it, but it was never a great game from the start.

Last edited: