"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I dont understand why they always sacrifice fps over resolution. Drop the res and they'd probably be able to hit 60fps with retracing.

Buzz words breh.
4k ray tracing or die. To hell with FPS.
I'm with you though. I don't even need ray tracing. That's not the end all be all. There are plenty of games with amazing lighting and reflections that don't use ray tracing at all.

The funny part is resolution doesn’t even really matter anymore. With DLSS and FSR, and on consoles even without it, they can use an internal res that’s good enough anyway. On PC they can use a lower internal resolution and end up putting out a better looking game than native 4k in cases with DLSS.

All that fight for 4k last gen, for nothing in the end :mjlol:

Now Ray Tracing I’m all in on coming from the PC side, but they have to balance out that performance hit like they do on PC, or just wait until it doesn’t use as many resources.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The funny part is resolution doesn’t even really matter anymore. With DLSS and FSR, and on consoles even without it, they can use an internal res that’s good enough anyway. On PC they can use a lower internal resolution and end up putting out a better looking game than native 4k in cases with DLSS.

All that fight for 4k last gen, for nothing in the end :mjlol:

Now Ray Tracing I’m all in on coming from the PC side, but they have to balance out that performance hit like they do on PC, or just wait until it doesn’t use as many resources.
Reality is, these consoles are just not strong enough to do Ray tracing plus 60fps at any resolution.

The fact that a huge open world game like Cyberpunk can play at 60fps at all is a huge achievement for consoles.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reality is, these consoles are just not strong enough to do Ray tracing plus 60fps at any resolution.

The fact that a huge open world game like Cyberpunk can play at 60fps at all is a huge achievement for consoles.

Yea that’s what I meant by wait - for the hardware to catch up. Put some tensor cores in that bytch to handle RT separately

I’m sure the “Pro” models will be even more focused on RT. If they can get 1080p out/60/RT with low-medium assets, that’s damn good in my eyes.

But on console give me 60 frames over all. Keep the bells and whistles until they stay >= 60 frames

BlaccSunrise

Superstar
Daps
  • Extended romances with Panam, Kerry, River and Judy by adding new messages and interactions.
:mjlit:
I still want to smash Meredith a few more times, though.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
everything looks the same…wasn’t expecting a change in gameplay…might dive back into this next month…mostly just wanted stability while playing