"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Cyberpunk 2077 Multiplayer Isn't Just a Mode

Cyberpunk 2077's multiplayer won't be available when the game releases this month via the PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, PC, and Google Stadia, and it sounds like that's at least partially because it's going to be its own big and standalone product. According to the Polish developer, the game's multiplayer is more than just a mode, which is to say bigger than a tacked-on experience.

According to CD Projekt Red, the multiplayer is a separate, dedicated, and big production that will more or less be a standalone product. If this sounds familiar, it's because it's how GTA Online functions with GTA 5. And it's safe to assume whenever multiplayer for the game does release, it will draw many comparisons to GTA Online.

"So, first, we don't call it a mode," said CDPR's Adam Kicinski while talking about the game's multiplayer. "It's a separate dedicated production, a big production. We think about it as a standalone product."

While CD Projekt Red is billing the game's multiplayer as its own thing, it has confirmed it won't be completely divorced from the game's campaign, which is being made by an entirely different team.

Unfortunately, this is all CD Projekt Red is saying about the mode right now, which remains not only unrevealed, but a complete enigma for those looking forward to it. That said, CD Projekt Red has reaffirmed this will change in the first quarter of 2021, which is to say sometime between January 1, 2021 and April 1, 2021.

Multiplayer is a new territory for CD Projekt Red, which is both promising and worrying. For one, it has the potential to bring new ideas to the table because of this, but a lack of experience could also ultimately wind up hurting the final product as well. However, given the resources and the talent the studio possesses, you'd bet on it succeeding with its multiplayer debut.

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Can't front I'm more worried about Nomads than Street Kids.

#CorpoGang been running game on Street Kids for years. Repackaging PS3s and selling them as PS5s :mjlol:
Dealing with them is easy.

But Nomads on some :demonic: shyt

Once a deal is made that's it. The contract is the contract. They out in the desert just clappin cats for a piece of corn. Not sure if we bout that kinda energy :whoa:

Catch y’all ass slipping out here in the California Wastelands....Better hope the acid rain get to y’all first...NCR can’t save you in this game :mjgrin:

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Catch y’all ass slipping out here in the California Wastelands....Better hope the acid rain get to y’all first...NCR can’t save you in this game :mjgrin:
But the Trauma Team can :ufdup::

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Going to leave you smoking in the desert while i get the finest care from my Platinum Coverage package while i head back to the penthouse :myman:.

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Would be crazy if they merged both gameworlds and you hit the Badlands and see a sign scratched out, go up close and see it used to say Wastelands :ohhh:

Hear some Nomad's in the back going crazy. Turn around and see a Deathclaw with cyberware riding a hoverbike with a Domino's Pizza fitted :merchant: