"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
So from what the guy who has played the game for 16hrs on IGN is saying is that for all intents and purposes this is an RPG through and through and the weakest aspect is combat. He also said people need to temper their expectation, I like that they haven’t abandoned the RPG side of things for combat. It’s odd that the combat turned into what it has considering from the first E3 demo and the guys who first played the game they was hyping up combat and talking about some of the surreal shyt you could do while in action. Guessing they revamped the combat system to what it is now.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
So from what the guy who has played the game for 16hrs on IGN is saying is that for all intents and purposes this is an RPG through and through and the weakest aspect is combat. He also said people need to temper their expectation, I like that they haven’t abandoned the RPG side of things for combat. It’s odd that the combat turned into what it has considering from the first E3 demo and the guys who first played the game they was hyping up combat and talking about some of the surreal shyt you could do while in action. Guessing they revamped the combat system to what it is now.

There’s gonna be a lot of complaints about the combat like there was for witcher 3. The fact that you can negotiate, hack, fight or take on missions in numerous ways are what make it a better role playing game than action game. But people are gonna see the trailers and see it as an FPS game and be disappointed when it doesn’t play like Doom or borderlands.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

The Twitter header for the game even calls it "open world action adventure story", no mention of RPG. I only saw the first NCW and haven't kept up with any footage since, but the early footage seemed like more of a balanced ARPG. Now the expectation seems to be more of an immersive sim, like Deus Ex. Either is my bag, but their messaging is confusing to say the least :skip: I'll blame that on me trying to stay as blind as possible tho

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
The Twitter header for the game even calls it "open world action adventure story", no mention of RPG. I only saw the first NCW and haven't kept up with any footage since, but the early footage seemed like more of a balanced ARPG. Now the expectation seems to be more of an immersive sim, like Deus Ex. Either is my bag, but their messaging is confusing to say the least :skip: I'll blame that on me trying to stay as blind as possible tho

Knowing what they excel at it’s no surprise a greater emphasis has been placed on the RPG side. The thing is they have only been heavily showing a lot of action as opposed to anything else which has clearly painted a perception as to what this game is.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
There’s gonna be a lot of complaints about the combat like there was for witcher 3. The fact that you can negotiate, hack, fight or take on missions in numerous ways are what make it a better role playing game than action game. But people are gonna see the trailers and see it as an FPS game and be disappointed when it doesn’t play like Doom or borderlands.

Precisely which is going to lead to a lot of inaccurate critiquing as opposed to a fair assessment. Either way I am interested to see if public perception of CDPR will be impacted in a big way after the release.