CW Fall 2014 Schedule (UPDATE: CW 2015 Winter TCA news)

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
June 25th Update:
THE CW 2014 FALL SCHEDULE: FLASH PREMIERE, RETURN DATES FOR ARROW, VAMPIRE DIARIES, SUPERNATURAL, MORE

Here's when you can see Oliver Queen, The Winchesters, and Barry Allen.

25 JUN 2014 BY MATT FOWLER

The CW Network will roll out its Fall 2014 launch this October with two highly anticipated new series, The Flash and Jane the Virgin, joining returning favorites Arrow, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries, and more.

For the third year, The CW will kick off the new season with an exclusive telecast of the biggest concert of the year, the IHEARTRADIO MUSIC FESTIVAL, airing over two nights, Monday, September 29th (8:00-10:00pm ET) and Tuesday, September 30th (8:00-10:00pm ET).

Thursday, October 2nd marks the season premiere of The Vampire Diaries (8:00-9:00pm ET) followed Reign (9:00-10:00pm ET). The Originals returns on a new night, Monday, October 6th (8:00-9:00pm ET), followed by a special retrospective look back at the past nine seasons of Supernatural (9:00-10:00pm ET).

The Flash, starring Grant Gusten, premieres Tuesday, October 7th (8:00-9:00pm ET), followed by the tenth season premiere of Supernatural (9:00-10:00pm ET). The third season premiere of Arrow lands on Wednesday, October 8th (8:00-9:00pm ET), followed by a special encore presentation of the series debut of THE FLASH (9:00-10:00pm ET).

The CW's new comedy Jane the Virgin, starring Gina Rodriguez, premieres Monday, October 13th (9:00-10:00pm ET). And the adventure drama The 100 returns Wednesday, October 22nd (9:00-10:00pm ET).

Following is The CW’s fall premiere schedule:

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 29th

8:00-10:00pm IHEARTRADIO FESTIVAL NIGHT ONE

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30th

8:00-10:00pm IHEARTRADIO FESTIVAL NIGHT TWO

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 1st

8:00-9:00pm Arrow (Encore, “The Scientist” with Barry Allen)

9:00-10:00pm Arrow (Encore, “Three Ghosts” with Barry Allen)

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 2nd

8:00-9:00pm The Vampire Diaries (Season Premiere)

9:00-10:00pm REIGN (Season Premiere)

MONDAY, OCTOBER 6th

8:00-9:00pm THE ORIGINALS (Season Premiere)

9:00-10:00pm SUPERNATURAL (Retrospective Special)

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 7th

8:00-9:00pm THE FLASH (Series Premiere)

9:00-10:00pm SUPERNATURAL (Season Premiere)

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 8th

8:00-9:00pm Arrow (Season Premiere)

9:00-10:00pm THE FLASH (Premiere Encore)

MONDAY, OCTOBER 13th

8:00-9:00pm THE ORIGINALS

9:00-10:00pm JANE THE VIRGIN (Series Premiere)

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 15th

8:00-9:00pm ARROW

9:00-10:00pm THE FLASH (Episode Two Encore)

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 17th

8:00-9:00pm JANE THE VIRGIN (Premiere Encore)

9:00-10:00pm AMERICA’S Next Top Model CYCLE 21*

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 22nd

8:00-9:00pm ARROW

9:00-10:00pm THE 100 (Season Premiere)

*AMERICA’S Next Top Model CYCLE 21 premieres Friday August 22nd (9:00-10:00pm ET) and WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY? episodes will continue from summer, sliding to Fridays (8:00-8:30 and 8:30-9:00pm ET) on October 3rd.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06...s-for-arrow-vampire-diaries-supernatural-more

tumblr_n7qp2yeXeM1qk546lo1_1280.png

Original post:
CW FALL SCHEDULE: THE FLASH PAIRED WITH SUPERNATURAL

The new DC series, The Flash, is joining the 10th season of Supernatural on Tuesday nights, The Originals moves to Mondays, more.

BY Matt Fowler 5/15/14

The CW has announced its 2014-2015 schedule, which includes the pairing of Supernatural (Season 10!) with new series The Flash on Tuesdays - not the Arrow/Flash team-up that some may have been expecting.

Along with The Flash, new series Jane the Virgin, starring Gina Rodriguez, will premiere in the fall, leaving The CW's other new two shows, iZombie and The Messengers for midseason. Saved for midseason as well are the returning Hart of Dixie and the third season of Beauty and the Beast.

The Originals will move to Monday nights to air with Jane the Virgin.

Wednesday and Thursday nights will remain the same. Fridays will continue to have Whose Line Is It Anyway? paired with America's Next Top Model.

Actual dates for the premieres will come at a later time.

"This is a different CW than we were just a few years ago," said Mark Pedowitz, president of The CW. "Our audience is broader and more inclusive than it has ever been, and we are growing on-air and on all digital platforms. We just finished our most-watched season in three years, and our schedule is as strong as it has ever been, with more vibrant and more diverse programming.

"Next season, with superhero action shows like Arrow and The Flash, epic fantasies like The Vampire Diaries and Reign, the apocalyptic worlds of The Messengers andThe 100, and the outrageous comedy of Jane the Virgin and Whose Line Is It Anyway?, we will build and expand our audience even more, and keep our momentum going with the kind of high-octane, high-impact entertainment that our viewers love."

Here's what The CW's weekly grid will look like come fall:

MONDAY

8:00-9:00 PM THE ORIGINALS (New Night)

9:00-10:00 PM JANE THE VIRGIN (New Series)

TUESDAY

8:00-9:00 PM THE FLASH (New Series)

9:00-10:00 PM SUPERNATURAL

WEDNESDAY

8:00-9:00 PM ARROW

9:00-10:00 PM THE 100

THURSDAY

8:00-9:00 PM THE VAMPIRE DIARIES

9:00-10:00 PM REIGN

FRIDAY

8:00-8:30 PM WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY?

8:30-9:00 PM WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY? (Encore Episode)

9:00-10:00 PM AMERICA’S NEXT TOP MODEL

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/15/cw-fall-schedule-the-flash-paired-with-supernatural

Last edited:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
CW Prez: We're No Longer the ‘Gossip Girl’ Network, and Here's How We're Fixing Mondays

By Tony Maglio on May 15, 2014 @ 9:18 am

the-flash.jpg-618x400.jpg

Upfronts 2014: Mark Pedowitz has very high hopes for “Jane the Virgin” and “The Flash”

CW President Mark Pedowitz had two problems on his hands: a weak Monday-night lineup and a lingering perception of being “the ‘Gossip Girl’ network,” as he put it.

Pedowitz believes both issues have officially been solved now.

The chief of the youngest-skewing broadcast network has been quite pleased with his Tuesday-Friday primetime lineup, as he stated several times to a group of potential advertisers at Thursday's New York City upfront presentation — but Monday was a whole other story.

Since the CW doesn't have national primetime programming on Sundays, that left Pedowitz with the issue of having a soft night to start each week, so he elected to shift “The Originals” to Monday at 8 p.m. as the lead-in for new series “Jane the Virgin.”

Based on both the timeslot and comments made before and during the upfronts presentation, Pedowitz and his team have very high hopes for the accidental artificial insemination comedy.

With other new big series “The Flash” kicking off the Tuesday night, the CW hopes to build strong momentum into and throughout the week.

The other CW problem that Pedowitz saw was a clear lack of men watching his network, “Gossip Girl” or no “Gossip Girl.” Again, enter “The Flash,” which is based on the DC Comics series and could draw a more balanced viewership.

While “Flash” clearly has crossover appeal with “Arrow,” the network chose to space the two superhero shows out, with the latter starting Wednesday's primetime.

This year was CW's top season in three years, but the network believes 2014-2015 has the potential to leave it in the dust, much like its new star Barry Allen's alter-ego.

CW Prez: We're No Longer the 'Gossip Girl' Network, and Here's How We're Fixing Mondays - TheWrap

:stopitslime: I understand what he's trying to say, but I don't like comment because "Gossip Girl " is actually good.

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota
Once the Originals (the family) left the vampire diaries, that show took a fukking nose dive (vampire diaries that is, The Originals the TV show is fukking awesome)

I don't mind the space between Arrow and The Flash, gives me two nights of tv at least

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Is you still watching "The Originals"? I haven't seen you in the official thread in a while.
I have about 6 episodes on the DVR I haven't watched yet.

Once the Originals (the family) left the vampire diaries, that show took a fukking nose dive (vampire diaries that is, The Originals the TV show is fukking awesome)

I don't mind the space between Arrow and The Flash, gives me two nights of tv at least
I tossed The Vampire Diaries in the garbage. That show is beyond awful now, I can't bear to watch it anymore.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

I tossed The Vampire Diaries in the garbage. That show is beyond awful now, I can't bear to watch it anymore.

:ohhh: I'm 14 episodes into the current season of TVD. I'm enjoying it more than last season. It looks like they made the right decision to spin-off The Originals, because the writers had no idea what to do with those characters on TVD last season, especially Rebekah.

Last edited: