“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
That 2013 Knicks team was mega fraudulent
Y'all gotta be sipping on pure nostalgia to be acting like that team was really anything
JR Smith as a second option with a PG rotation of Fat Felton, 90 year old Jason Kidd and Pablo Prigioni :mjlol:
Washed Kenyon Martin getting major minutes :dead:
Don’t do that team was good in its time and all those dudes did their thing :comeon:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Not really a fan of throwing all of those draft picks for Mikal Bridges however I think the reality of the “Superstar” coming in the off-season is not going to happen.

Giannis is staying with the Bucks , Embiid is definitely staying with Philly so the only superstar that would be available is Donovan Mitchell and Thibs is not running a two small player backcourt. It would be either or and no way you can convince me that Donavan is better than Brunson.

I think the Knicks are all in on the Brunson-Julius tandem and if Donte can really turn into a two way third option (Currently averaging 29/3/4 over the last two games) then I think the Knicks problems are already solved.

I’m still a believer in adding a real backup point guard and allowing Deuce to replace Grimes
I wouldn’t assume the bolded and I don’t see why it would be an either or that would defeat the whole purpose.

I been said give Quick (at the time) or DiVo more shots…Murray ain’t worth it.

Last edited:

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
That 2013 Knicks team was mega fraudulent
Y'all gotta be sipping on pure nostalgia to be acting like that team was really anything
JR Smith as a second option with a PG rotation of Fat Felton, 90 year old Jason Kidd and Pablo Prigioni :mjlol:
Washed Kenyon Martin getting major minutes :dead:
That's the same year JR won 6MOTY & Melo won the scoring title.
This move would be classy and bring us a lot of respect from players around the league :ehh:

Knicks not running a charity organization :camby:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Folks really living in fantasy land thinking the Nets would trade Bridges, ESPECIALLY to a divisional rival at that.

Folks need to focus on who's another 3/4 that's available that could provide some of Randle's production while he's out.
OG on the Knicks right now bro. Rockets offered the Nets a bunch of their own picks and it’s the same situation of them not wanting to tank.
Knicks not running a charity organization :camby:
I think teams don't want him cause he ugly as shıt 🤮

:scust:SOME of the foulest shyts said on this message board and JBO is two clicks away.
This move would be classy and bring us a lot of respect from players around the league :ehh:

i hope someone does it.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I still stand by the fact that if push comes to shove and they get offered a star player AND Mikal asks for a Knick Trade they will do it. They can be stubborn, but at a certain point you just got to do shyt you don’t want to do.

IF it happens

It’s not happening until earliest this Summer going into next season and they aren’t going to do it for anything the knicks have now anyway. It would have to be an overpay with pressure from Mikal to force it. A three team trade that isn’t likely to happen this season.

They're not giving Bridges to you. It's just not gonna happen. What's Bridges gonna do? Not play til he gets his way? You have a better chance of getting Omari Spellman to lose weight and come back to America to play for y'all.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
OG on the Knicks right now bro. Rockets offered the Nets a bunch of their own picks and it’s the same situation of them not wanting to tank.
It's not just that they don't wanna tank. The Nets' picks in the short term aren't that valuable because 2024 picks in general aren't valuable. Why fiend to get your picks back when the best player might wind up picked 28th? They won't want a pick based package for Bridges. They've turned down an insane amount of firsts as it is because in the short term, 2024 sucks and 2025 is only marginally better. Knicks picks aren't valuable (and this is a compliment) because apparently everyone is convinced the Knicks are run competently, so unless a team is begging for quantity over quality, what is Brooklyn gonna do with a bunch of picks that are either gonna convey super late or become 2nd's? It's just that much worse that it's y'all because even if the Nets drafted 3 LeBron's with your picks, the assumption will just be that they'll wind up Knicks someday anyway.

If I were the Nets and I accepted a pick based package, I wouldn't entertain anything until 2026 or later, but the Nets want a legit prospect and the Knicks don't have one. Quentin Grimes is nobody's best player on this side of the globe.

Mickey Kane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London, England
On some real shyt my Knickas.

Just broke up with my lady. Going to assess the scenario but Knickstape restoring the feeling so much I'm legitimately considering moving over from London to NYC in the next 12-18 months.

World Cup 2026 making the vision make too much sense too (I work in the sports marketing, specifically football/soccer).

God bless our New York Knicks. It feels like a special time.

:wow:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
They're not giving Bridges to you. It's just not gonna happen. What's Bridges gonna do? Not play til he gets his way? You have a better chance of getting Omari Spellman to lose weight and come back to America to play for y'all.

Bridges is a UFA in 2 seasons regardless. Personally I would love to see them get the least they can for him as other teams GMs offer pennies on the dollar value wise because “He’s probably going to NY anyway” but like I said, let’s see what happens this Summer when teams start looking to shed salary to avoid the 2nd apron and the Nets are a lottery team with no real way to improve.

It's not just that they don't wanna tank. The Nets' picks in the short term aren't that valuable because 2024 picks in general aren't valuable. Why fiend to get your picks back when the best player might wind up picked 28th? They won't want a pick based package for Bridges. They've turned down an insane amount of firsts as it is because in the short term, 2024 sucks and 2025 is only marginally better. Knicks picks aren't valuable (and this is a compliment) because apparently everyone is convinced the Knicks are run competently, so unless a team is begging for quantity over quality, what is Brooklyn gonna do with a bunch of picks that are either gonna convey super late or become 2nd's? It's just that much worse that it's y'all because even if the Nets drafted 3 LeBron's with your picks, the assumption will just be that they'll wind up Knicks someday anyway.

If I were the Nets and I accepted a pick based package, I wouldn't entertain anything until 2026 or later, but the Nets want a legit prospect and the Knicks don't have one. Quentin Grimes is nobody's best player on this side of the globe.
No one said the rockets only offered them 2024 picks. It was reported they offered the Nets most of their own picks back which would be a catalyst for the Nets to tank. I am not saying the Knicks picks are better, nor do I think the Nets would want picks. They are still in a NY market and want the playoffs. The issue with their stubbornness is they are not a good team due to roster construction.

So, If you read my post on this I been specifically saying the Knicks would have to use their assets to convince a third team to trade a better player (Like KAT) to the Nets for a combination of both teams assets AND Mikal would have to ask out specifically to play with the Knicks for the Knicks to be the second option. The Nets FO reputation is bad post KD/Harden/Kyrie. They completely fumbled that bag, but we saw them send guys to teams they wanted to go to so I don’t think they would deny Mikal a trade request if the Knicks had someone like KAT going their way.

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
On some real shyt my Knickas.

Just broke up with my lady. Going to assess the scenario but Knickstape restoring the feeling so much I'm legitimately considering moving over from London to NYC in the next 12-18 months.

World Cup 2026 making the vision make too much sense too (I work in the sports marketing, specifically football/soccer).

God bless our New York Knicks. It feels like a special time.

:wow:
Sorry for your loss…. Or congratulations?

(Change your avi first though)