“Cutthroat business, Our Defense Lifted/What is it, THE WINGS?!?" Official 2024 NY Knicks Thread

RippTheRuler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Go get Goga. If even he's too expensive, I guess bring back Precious and play the trade market when options come up. I think the best version of this team has a healthy Mitch starting, but they can't rely on that.

A few takeaways from Precious game last season is him and OG combo is nasty on the court ar the same time. It's like he feeds off of him... he's feeds off of defense anyway... and I remember during the playoffs I said Precious got the touch of a wnba player around the rim.... he dead be throwing the ball up like Angel Reese. No disrespect to her because it works for her 100%

Precious looked increasingly more horrible as more players got injured. I feel like Precious are the 5, OG 4 and bridges 3 or something like that would be nasty. Precious don't even gotta shoot the ball. Because let's not forget Precious was D'n up embiid crazy :dame: at one point. His weakness were just exposed the less players we had. But he can go crazy on defense for like 10-15min a game with this deep of a roster

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
A few takeaways from Precious game last season is him and OG combo is nasty on the court ar the same time. It's like he feeds off of him... he's feeds off of defense anyway... and I remember during the playoffs I said Precious got the touch of a wnba player around the rim.... he dead be throwing the ball up like Angel Reese. No disrespect to her because it works for her 100%

Precious looked increasingly more horrible as more players got injured. I feel like Precious are the 5, OG 4 and bridges 3 or something like that would be nasty. Precious don't even gotta shoot the ball. Because let's not forget Precious was D'n up embiid crazy :dame: at one point. His weakness were just exposed the less players we had. But he can go crazy on defense for like 10-15min a game with this deep of a roster
I don't hate this either. Plus he gets a full off-season with Thibs instead of trying to be integrated mid-season. Precious could have more in his bag,

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
No issue with bringing back Precious as the backup 5 and giving Sims a chance to show what another summer of work looks like. Julius & OG getting minutes there should be on the menu too.

If Mitch gets hurt again and/or the depth is just that bad then that's what the trade deadline is for.

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Our win percentage with him healthy is insane. If he only plays 40 games we winning 36 of them.... I'm sure he will play more than that though. Ihart will be missed and did his thing but he got worked by embiid and Turner back to back... sonned to bolivian. He deserves a check but teams gotta realize he can't guard perimeter bigs
Turner and Kristaps is cooking Mitch out on the perimeter

RippTheRuler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
:gucci: I'm saying the backup center splits time with Julius at center for 20-22 minutes a game.

This is definitely possible with the roster depth considering Josh Hart as a power forward was unlocked last season. The amount of depth from the 4,3,2 is scary. Heart definitely getting PF minutes to fit him into the now look. Most likely won't start but he gonna come of the bench like a demon

RippTheRuler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Turner and Kristaps is cooking Mitch out on the perimeter

I honestly haven't sent the KP vs Mitch matchup last season. But I'm sure he can guard them better than IHart did. It's not even about his speed. He kind of just knows how to position his body and his anticipation is next level. He's definitely slower than embiid but had him frustrated.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
No issue with bringing back Precious as the backup 5 and giving Sims a chance to show what another summer of work looks like. Julius & OG getting minutes there should be on the menu too.

If Mitch gets hurt again and/or the depth is just that bad then that's what the trade deadline is for.
That I don't love. No need to put unnecessary strain on this team again. I need this season to be a coast for the playoffs. I want fukking nightly blowouts.

RippTheRuler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
What's good with my son Burks? Idc what yall say. He put the knicks on his back vs Indy when the whole team was bricking like shyt. Burks my knicka. I would love to bring him back. Just have him change his style into primarily a spot up shooter at this point. Randle or Brunson drawing the double and kick put to Burks... oh lawd :blessed:

I also feel bad for Bogey. If he doesn't get injured who's to say the unfortunate turn of events ever happens. Dude was going crazy before he got hurt. I'm pretty sure he wanted to come back for a full season as a Knick. Went from trash pistons to contending knicks now back to trash nets.... that's enough to make a nikka wanna quit. Especially since he sucked it to play with that wrist injury

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Mitch is the starter again which will gum up the works offensively for the starters. They might look to trade him now for another starting Center. If they don’t, they still need to find a better back up than Sims.

RippTheRuler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Mitch is the starter again which will gum up the works offensively for the starters. They might look to trade him now too. They still need to find a better back up than Sims.

Nah... this is the best thing possible for mitch. 4 dudes capable of being offense options and a defensive beast in the middle. Not to mention OG is a defensive beast in his own right and Bridges gonna be hounding dudes too. We don't need hartenstein throwing floaters if we have Randle, OG, Bridges, Brunson on the floor with him. There is a such thing as too much sauce. Mitch will be open for some lobs and can focus on pure defense. Get them offensive rebounds and kick the ball out.

Pistons were good with Ben Wallace. Not saying mitch is big Ben or the knicks are the pistons. But this myth of having to have an offensive threat at every position is just that.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Nah... this is the best thing possible for mitch. 4 offense options and a defensive beast in the middle. We don't need hartenstein throwing floaters if we have Randle, OG, Bridges, Brunson on the floor with him. There is a such thing as too much sauce. Mitch will be open for some lobs and can focus on pure defense. Get them offensive rebounds and kick the ball out.

Pistons were good with Ben Wallace. Not saying mitch is big Ben or the knicks are the pistons. But this myth of having to have an offensive threat at every position is just that.
You’re sleeping on passing from the 5 but even then, whose his backup