“Cutthroat business, Our Defense Lifted/What is it, THE WINGS?!?" Official 2024 NY Knicks Thread

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Tf are they doing :mjlol:

Good trade for the Pels tho :ehh:
Atlanta threw in the towel. They realized they couldn't keep up.
:pachaha:
Excellent trade. Slide CJ off the bench with Trey Murphy, depending on if they keep BI… super solid rotation.
Low key they don't got to do a trade for ingram, but I think they still do because of cap reasons. Maybe they trade Ingram into Philly’s cap space for future draft picks.

Morey has to do something to bring someone in because the rumors is no FA fukks with them over what he did to Harden.

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
Apparently there’s a way… I haven’t listened. My guess is Sims contract.

It would be easier for them to do a SnT for Milton or Precious.

Those 2nd round players are needed to hit the roster minimum, and they could in theory sign IHart, keep the French kid, and still sign a player to $3 - 4mil before signing the 2nd rounders they just drafted while going over the Apron to do it.

For cap and rosters reasons it makes more sense to just sign the three 2nd rounder over the cap because its going to be a bytch to add anyone to roster later, so get 15 guys now.

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
Thought the whole reason they drafted this kid was to be a draft & stash so they can free up some money to offer the most they can to resign Hartenstein [17M /yr]?

One of you capologist brehs can probably explain it better than me but by not having a 1st rd pick on the main roster that frees up money to be used to resign IHart. Draft and stash players don't count against the salary cap.

In any case, him being French has me like :sadcam:

These parlez vous francais brehs have a horrendous track record with us :francis:
They can actually fit him under the cap. If they do send him away as a draft and stash they would have around $6 million to play with To sign free agents.

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City

:banderas:

tenor.gif

When he talks about them getting OG…

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Atlanta threw in the towel. They realized they couldn't keep up.
:pachaha:

Low key they don't got to do a trade for ingram, but I think they still do because of cap reasons. Maybe they trade Ingram into Philly’s cap space for future draft picks.

Morey has to do something to bring someone in because the rumors is no FA fukks with them over what he did to Harden.
Good. fukk him and fukk Embiid. Free Maxey.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Been watching Tyler Kolek clips and he reminds me of a poor man's Jalen Brunson, and I mean that in a good way. The way he can attack either foot on a defender and get them on his hip, using his body to shield defenders, his middy game and how he uses it to freeze big men, the strength he has. Tyler's not as good as Brunson in any of the aforementioned categories, but I see the vision with him as long as the Knicks commit to developing him. There was a whole lot of mid this draft, especially with the guards, but Tyler actually shows some strengths that can be built upon.