Cut your dreads or loose your job brehettes

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
see now if we he our own businesses we wouldnt have to worry about shyt like this....they want us to assimilate and take our culture away....they know black culture is the most influential in the world

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
IT Cert-Gang Mafia, GMB and HOH
When your ASKING someone to hire you, you're at their mercy. It's their business. We need to start our own businesses and spend with each other. Until then Black people need to STFU!

We fukked up intergrating with them. MLK didn't know what the hell he was doing. We were creating our own jobs, spending and hiring each other during segregation. Once we intergrated, a lot of Blacks took all their money to the white businesses.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Sue for what?

Companies can change their policies wheneverthey want

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
lol at the dumb pieces of sht in this thread blindly supporting blatant racist activity against black folks and people of color. You lames are brain damaged. You love American racism so much, but dont know American laws. Guess what.....American workplace laws, designed to prevent discrimination, are not in agreement with you demonic a$$holes:

Discrimination based on an individual’s race, color, or their own, or their ancestor’s place of origin is prohibited. The fact that an individual has the physical, cultural or linguistic characteristics of a racial, color, or national origin group is also an illegal basis for any employment decisions. This includes marriage or association with persons of a minority group, or membership in associations, or churches and schools generally used by that group.

Singling out a hairstyle almost uniformly associated with a racial category, "just because", is an open and shut lawsuit every time. But we know white people dont mind injuring themselves, if they think they can get black people caught up in the collateral damage. So I hope these fukked in the head racists go thru with their bullsht, so that this woman can receive a fat settlement check, and travel the world on their dime.

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
Black people are way too accepting of this bullshyt. As a black male with dreads someone has to come in and set the example that there are hard working people with dread locks and how you wear your hair doesn't affect your performance. Conforming to these bullshyt rules only makes the oppression worse because they feel they can get away with everything.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
They'd have to fire me, id take the unemployment benefits, I'd be speaking to a lawyer because the policy sounds discriminative to me. But fukk it, I wouldn't cut my hair for them.

Never had dreads in my life but who says that's this Afrocentric hairstyle is"unprofessional"

Last edited:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4159369

Company Policy Requires Missouri Woman To Cut Her Dreadlocks To Keep Her Job
Oct 24, 2013

Following reports of a Baltimore woman fired from her job because of her blonde highlights, another black woman is facing discrimination because of the way she chooses to wear her hair.

Ashley Davis, a 24-year-old from St. Peters, Mo., said a change in her company's policy now requires her to cut off her dreadlocks.

“I've only been there for two months, and they came up with a policy. I feel like it's degrading,” she said.

According to Fox 2 St. Louis, the policy was implemented on September 21st-- a few weeks after Davis began working there. The policy states,"dreadlocks, braids, mohawks, mullets and other hairstyles are against company guidelines."

Davis tells the local Fox station she had the dreadlocks when they hired her and she's been growing her locks for 10 years. To her, they're apart of her culture and everyone in her family wears them. But, she's the only one in her office that wears the hairstyle.

The station reached out to Davis' employer, where she works as a secretary, who responded with the following statement:

“Tower Loan does not comment on individual personnel matters. However, Tower has an appearance policy that is clearly defined in its training manual. Tower believes a professional appearance is necessary for the success of the company.”

Davis reportedly has until Friday to make the change.

“My dreads, I love them and I’m going to keep them. My hair is a part of me and it makes me the professional and bubbly person I am,” she said. Davis joins the many women who have faced discrimination because of their hair over the past year. Along with the Baltimore woman who claims she was fired for her blonde highlights, 7-year-old Tiana Parker was forcedto change schools because of her school's ban on dreadlocks. An Ohio charter school attempted to ban"afro-puffs and small twisted braids,"and meteorologist Rhonda Lee was fired from her TV stationafter defending her choice to wear her natural hair on air.
Get fired, then get paid.................:manny:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
When your ASKING someone to hire you, you're at their mercy. It's their business. We need to start our own businesses and spend with each other. Until then Black people need to STFU!

We fukked up intergrating with them. MLK didn't know what the hell he was doing. We were creating our own jobs, spending and hiring each other during segregation. Once we intergrated, a lot of Blacks took all their money to the white businesses.

Easy now.....Know what you're talking about before making incendiary comments