Cult of The Lamb 8/11 (PC, Switch, Playstation, Xbox)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’m out of it for some reason I thought this came out next tuesday. It comes out friday.

Just getting into the juicy part of xenoblade.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
7-BA684-F5-9768-4061-AE10-5-DA865-DEDF6-E.jpg

EACE77-FB-C8-F3-46-E7-8-CED-2-A4-F594-E42-A2.jpg

Reviews

Cult of the Lamb stands as a true masterpiece of not one but two genres. I just couldn't find any issues that got in the way of my enjoyment of its various mechanics, and the love I have for my clan will continue long past the final boss encounter.
10 - Well Played

A top-tier example of what a roguelike can be when combined with a colony sim, Cult of the Lamb is pure addiction. From managing your minions, to slaughtering the bizarre Eldritch gods that dare defy you, Cult of the Lamb has converted me completely.
90 - Gaming Trend

Still, Cult of the Lamb is clever, it's wonderfully designed, and the script is sharp and funny. The atmosphere is great, helped in no small part by art which immediately endears itself to you. Speaking of which, making all of your followers adorable wickle critters was a smart choice. Intentionally or otherwise, it makes the brainwashing and murky morals amusing rather than disturbing.

Occasionally, I found myself thinking 'erm, this really is like a cult', such as the time that the game gleefully informed me that I can marry as many of my followers as I want. Don't be fooled into thinking that this game is anything but great, though. I adore it, and that is almost certainly my own opinion unaffected by nefarious influences.
82 - PC Gamer

What lifts it for me, above a clever genre mash-up and a sneaky blend of The Binding of Isaac and a clever, unashamed clicker like Forager, is the art and the delicacy in the visual elements. The designs on the Tarot cards - and the card backs themselves, a personal fascination of mine - are marvels, evocative and briskly captured, like the best New Yorker cartoon. And whenever I drop into the roguelite bit and start moving through those rooms, each one suggests to me of the stage from a particularly evocative school play: creepy witch's huts, giant mushrooms with tea lights burning away inside. You can tell the teachers really cared about this production of Hansel and Gretel. One set of rooms is entered by a doorway which is itself knee-deep in gentle lapping water. There is a desire to build a world here that is genuinely transporting, and so? And so I was duly transported.
Recommended - Eurogamer

Cult of the Lamb is two games in one. Part roguelike, part management sim, neither of the halves feel totally fleshed out on their own, and provide little challenge. Still, the synergy between the two halves is undeniably compelling, and the art style is infectiously adorable, giving you enough reason to play through one more in-game day, and then one more, until you've been awake for an entire out-of-game day, feeling totally brainwashed.
4/5 - EGM

Ultimately, I think Cult of the Lamb is a great example of flipping the power fantasy concept on its head, framing that thrilling pursuit of all-conquering omnipotence through the eyes of a once-hapless lamb is a stroke of genius. The dissonance I felt between its colony simulation and dungeon-crawling halves is unfortunate, though it doesn't keep said halves from being brilliant in their own right. You're getting an exceptional roguelike hack-and-slasher and an adorably dark and dramatic settlement-builder that will test your moral compass more than once.
8/10 - Press Start

While it has many gameplay elements that are introduced over time, it can get overwhelming. This is a bigger game than it lets on, that said, I enjoyed engaging with everything it had to offer me. Cults have never been cuter, and the art style is a perfect match for the personality with such dark undertones that many will flock to. Cult of the Lamb is every bit successful as a roguelike as it is a colony management sim for a truly rich experience.
4/5 - Saving Content

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
good reviews but im in the middle of xenoblade and I think i might prioritize Rollerdrome next friday. This might be after that, unless midnight fight express or soul hackers 2 is some must play

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
gonna pass on this for now…not to imply it’s bad…just doesn’t seem like my type of game tho after watching some reviews/gameplay