‘Crystal Lake’ - Upcoming ‘Friday the 13th’ Prequel Series from A24

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
The IP also got tangled in complex rights deals as it moved from Paramount to New Line and became caught in a years-long copyright dispute between the original movie’s director-producer Sean S. Cunningham and original screenwriter Victor Miller.

In May, Miller emerged victorious, giving him control over the script and original characters but not over the Friday the 13th title nor the concept of an adult Jason or even the hockey mask, which was only introduced in the third movie.

Hence the title of the Peacock offering, Crystal Lake.

:patrice: I'll give it a shot. Hopefully we get some grown man Jason somewhere soon.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
I'll give it a shot because of Bryan Fuller but I don't have much expectations for this to be good.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
:patrice: I'll give it a shot. Hopefully we get some grown man Jason somewhere soon.
Gonna be a tough task making this an interesting series given the limitations. Victor Miller is EPing the project. He got the rights to the original F13 characters and script but can’t use the mask and elements we know and love from adult Jason. :francis:

I guess it could show how Pamela unraveled in the lead-up to all of those early kills in the first film. Dunno what they’ll end up doing but Fuller and A24 backing it got me cautiously optimistic for now.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Like I said in the horror thread
Jason's dad is gonna be a Hockey player :laff:

Apollo Kid

Veteran
Daps
Reppin