crossfit games on espn 2

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
So let me get this out of the way that those men and women in the Crossfit games are crazy impressive with that shyt. Climbing 20 ft ropes 5 times then cleaning and overhead squatting 245 lbs for reps I'm like :dwillhuh:

That being said, watching that competition just reaffirmed why I hate Crossfit.

These competitors are blatantly highly athletic individuals. Yet seeing their exhausted bodies out there repping Olympic lifts made me cringe in fear every time they lifted the weight. And these are the elite. Imagine what is happening behind closed doors in Crossfit boxes across the country as unathletic beginners are exposed to these types of routines.:bryan:

I will use my wife as an example. She is just flat out uncoordinated and unathletic. I can not for the life of me get her to do a proper squat no matter how low the weight is. Even doing just bodyweight squats, she just mechanically can not figure out how to keep her knees in line with her feet and she inevitably bows them inwards. I have settled on the smith machine so she can have stabilizer help. Now...just thinking about my wife walking into a Crossfit gym and some unqualified coach trying to rep her out on clean and jerks has me thinking :huhldup:

I'm OK with Crossfit for coordinated, athletic individuals. But unfortunately the community environment and sense of family attacts people who don't fall into that category. I'll never forget the day my old boss returned from his first day of Crossfit with a brace around his ankle :snoop::pachaha:

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
So let me get this out of the way that those men and women in the Crossfit games are crazy impressive with that shyt. Climbing 20 ft ropes 5 times then cleaning and overhead squatting 245 lbs for reps I'm like :dwillhuh:

That being said, watching that competition just reaffirmed why I hate Crossfit.

These competitors are blatantly highly athletic individuals. Yet seeing their exhausted bodies out there repping Olympic lifts made me cringe in fear every time they lifted the weight. And these are the elite. Imagine what is happening behind closed doors in Crossfit boxes across the country as unathletic beginners are exposed to these types of routines.:bryan:

I will use my wife as an example. She is just flat out uncoordinated and unathletic. I can not for the life of me get her to do a proper squat no matter how low the weight is. Even doing just bodyweight squats, she just mechanically can not figure out how to keep her knees in line with her feet and she inevitably bows them inwards. I have settled on the smith machine so she can have stabilizer help. Now...just thinking about my wife walking into a Crossfit gym and some unqualified coach trying to rep her out on clean and jerks has me thinking :huhldup:

I'm OK with Crossfit for coordinated, athletic individuals. But unfortunately the community environment and sense of family attacts people who don't fall into that category. I'll never forget the day my old boss returned from his first day of Crossfit with a brace around his ankle :snoop::pachaha:
Make sure she stretches her Achilles. Stretch an warm up her rotator cuffs...

And have her spread her feet wide and point her toes at a 45 degree angle. Tell her to push her knee outward as she sits down. Just have her do it on a chair at first...

Butt back, chest up, and push knees out...