10526160_778671482153776_8998613002443465906_n.jpg

elisabeth akinwale

I'm watching now this shyt is dope.

:whoo:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

fukk wrong with cross fit? don't get it twisted i can't stand this shyt but it is an athletic event and the program does produce good effect....I think I really hate it because the damn Army has bit off on this shyt so hard but than at the same time still say PRT is the shyt we supposed to do but everyone does cross fit to get in shape.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
fukk wrong with cross fit? don't get it twisted i can't stand this shyt but it is an athletic event and the program does produce good effect....I think I really hate it because the damn Army has bit off on this shyt so hard but than at the same time still say PRT is the shyt we supposed to do but everyone does cross fit to get in shape.

Emphasizing speed/time for complex movements with heavy weights is a recipe for disaster.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
weightlifting isn't a sport...
Emphasizing speed/time for complex movements with heavy weights is a recipe for disaster.

I hear you on that however shyt is very productive especially for "tactical athletes" I hate that term but it's true....Injuries happen with all workout programs and i haven't noticed far more injuries from CF than other programs...Granted i don't like it but it has it's value...I view it as a supplementary program but its people who have drunk all of that kool aid.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I hear you on that however shyt is very productive especially for "tactical athletes" I hate that term but it's true....Injuries happen with all workout programs and i haven't noticed far more injuries from CF than other programs...Granted i don't like it but it has it's value...I view it as a supplementary program but its people who have drunk all of that kool aid.

Not all crossfit gyms are bad, obviously. It spread so fast that there are just too many unqualified people coaching people who aren't ready for these type of lifts.

I see similar problems with traditional trainers too, fwiw. shyt, just this week I heard a trainer at 24Hr tell someone that they were just going to do 1/4 squats until they were ready......with 135 on the bar. :what: Take 50 pounds off and teach them to do a real fukking squat :beli:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
So why is it in the Olympics?

Don't play dumb :smh:

Although I agree that olympic weightlifting is a sport, lets not act like "competitive speed walking" isn't an olympic event :beli:

**side rant approaching**
I'll tell you whats NOT a sport....bodybuilding. These dudes on bodybuilding.com go hard for it and call the pros "athletes." :beli: Its a male modeling competition. They are athletes in a sport the same way that Ms. America contestants are athletes in a sport (in other words, not at all).

Doing athletic things as preparation and being an athletic person does not mean that your male modeling is a sport.:beli:

Last edited: