Critics of the left aren’t oppressed and they don’t believe in “rational debate.”

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Further, there are people who assert genetics play no role in IQ who are the ones obfuscating facts here.
*Edit* Please go on and explain when/how Sam Harris has ever advocated for eugenics or Hooverism.

Firstly, I'd like to clarify that the "Hooverism" comment was in reference to Dave Rubin, and Libertarian ideology as a whole. We can have a separate discussion about that, if you like.

Secondly, Sam Harris and the sources he cites make the mistake of comporting "genetics" with "race", an error that has left more African bodies in its wake than any other negative factor on the African continent.

Even winking at there being a "genetic" argument for lower intelligence in diasporic Black peoples is problematic, and is the result of apply one's own biases to the science. Why?

Mainly because those who only look at test scores for each "race" fail to control for other mitigating factors such as household income, poverty levels, economic inequality, nutrition, and educational background. These factors are extremely important, especially if you're examining differences in standardized test scores in America.

Last edited:

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
Firstly, I'd like to clarify that the "Hooverism" comment was in reference to Dave Rubin, and Libertarian ideology as a whole. We can have a separate discussion about that, if you like.

Yeah, I'm not particularly interested. I don't follow much of what Rubin says on anything, nor do I concern myself with libertarian views in general. That's probably a conversation I'll have to concede to HL's resident libertarians like Dead7.

Secondly, Sam Harris and the sources he cites make the mistake of comporting "genetics" with "race"

In what way?

Even winking at there being a "genetic" argument for lower intelligence in diasporic Black peoples is problematic, and is the result of applying one's own bias to the science. Why?

Mainly because those who only look at test scores for each "race" fail to control for other mitigating factors such as household income, poverty levels, economic inequality, nutrition, and educational background. These factors are extremely important, especially if you're examining differences in standardized test scores in America.

Both Harris and I agree these factors are important. It seems like you and others reflexively ignore this because you fear ultimately the goal is to strip away the rights of PoC, but it's an unfounded leap. I'll quote Harris himself. In his conversation with Klein:

"The political answer is we have to be committed to racial equality and everyone getting all the opportunities in life for happiness and self-actualization they can use. We’re nowhere near achieving that kind of society. The real racists are the people who are not committed to those goals."

"You’ve suggested that Murray is trying to establish that the differences between the mean IQs in various groups are genetic, right? He’s not. He’s simply suggested that there’s good reason to believe that genes and environment both play a part. That is a safe assumption for basically everything we care about physically and mentally."

"I completely agree with you that it is right to worry that the environment for blacks, or for any other group that seems not to be thriving by one metric or another, that the environment almost certainly plays a role. And the environment, we just know that the environment plays a role across the board in behavioral genetics. There’s no one who’s arguing that any of these traits — forget about intelligence, anything we care about — is 100 percent heritable. It’s just that nothing that complex is 100 percent heritable."

Again, so we agree environment is an important factor and is difficult to control for, and the goal ultimately is racial equality. Where we disagree is whether genetics plays a factor. But for any characteristic, whether it's height or eye color or physical strength or anything ... we know genes are at least part of the equation. Not the end-all be-all -- part of the equation. But if one suggests this might also be the case for something like intelligence, then you're some kind of racist bigot, or tap dancing c00n for the right. How on Earth does that make sense?

Skeptic

Superstar
Daps
It's funny how all of Sam's critics in here obviously have not even listened to him or read his works with the exception of @NoMayo15.

Oville

Pro
Daps
As much as i find some of the people mentioned in the article naive on many issues, I cant lie and act like there isnt a PC culture out there using any means possible to suppress discussion rather than debate them.

Losttribe

[Formerly Blackking]
Daps
:mjlol:you're one of the multiple whiners who asked for a ban but came back afterwards
:umad:you want HL to be different, start posting some quality shyt instead of bytching non-stop, ho
I didn't ask for a ban, lol.

And i didnt say make HL different, Im just am aware of what it is.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
As much as i find some of the people mentioned in the article naive on many issues, I cant lie and act like there isnt a PC culture out there using any means possible to suppress discussion rather than debate them.
This operates under the false premise that everything needs to be debated over and over after being debunked.

This is the same tactic flat earthers use.

:umad:

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
I didn't ask for a ban, lol.
Blackking is banned

You said The Coli is an "anti black site" and asked to be banned. :umad:

UvWvy8I.png

And you posted this shyt:

i fukked two cousins....
no blood relation though.

one was an Japanese and black dime piece who was 24 and only fukked on other person.. she was madd picky, but somehow justified it in her head it was ok because we grew up together and were close. I guess she was horny, we lived in the same house. She came at me. Came in my room (stayed w my aunt for 3 months).. w boyshorts on. I BUSTED madddddddd quick... she was moaning as soon as I put it in...Raw, and her body was perfect. I couldn't hold it, but I fukked her 3 times. We weren't that close afterward because Even though we werent blood... We seriously might as well had been cousins.

The other one.. i hope she doesn't see this cuz I know she was on SOHH, idk if she's on here or not..

but she was young like 16, I was 21. I was watching her while my uncle n aunt were outta town for 2 weeks. She was basically grown so really i was just responsible for giving her a ride to school... I fukked her while we were watching paid in full. she was a colorful headed hootrat.... some of the best p*ssy ever.. I have no clue how she knew all that at such a young age.
I used to eat her out and smash all the time... .and she used to come out to eat with me n my girl all the time n not say shyt. I used to not even really wanna fukk my grown women girl, cuz i was fiendin for my lil cuz- we weren't close i barely knew her

:mjlol::camby::camby::camby::camby::camby::camby::camby:

wtfyomom

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ive listened to a ton of sam harris, how much you want me to listen to? dude is clearly biased af towards muslims and now blacks with this iq shyt. nikkaz want me to listen to every single thing he did before i have an opinion? nah, some people you can listen a little and tell theyre full of shyt. he actually thinks islam itself is the cause, not circumstance. hes dusted off a long ago debunked argument of racial iq and why? to appeal to the alt right, ive seen him on dave rubin and in talks with peterson, just the fact hes mentioned alongside all these other right wing faux intellectuals should also show you smthg. voting for clinton/obama dont make you a leftist, it might make you a neolib, no wodner he gets along with maher who has become nothing but a democrat schill in recent years. keep stanning though, is harris gonna talk about skulls being filled with marbles next to measure intelligence by race?
harris said he would rather ben carson be in charge than noah chomsky purely because of his hatred for muslims, thats a laughable opinion, he also believes in determinism. hes just not actually smart at all

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because he IS a leftie. He voted Obama & Hillary and hates Trump, is pro-immigration and against Trump's proposed Muslim ban. He doesn't hate Muslims... he works with several Muslims like Maajid Nawaz and Ayan Hirsi Ali, attempting to persuade fundamentalist Muslims to become more moderate. I don't know what you mean by "believe in racial IQ". The experts who study this agree that black test takers on average don't perform as well as their white counterparts. That's just a demonstrable observation. The complex reasons why that might be is what's being debated. Harris thinks its reasonable to believe some percentage of both genetics and one's early environment plays some role, but doesn't assert any certainties on specific numbers... because no one really knows yet. Now, what exactly is racist about this view point?

You love popping into these IQ debates don’t you? I smell a rat.