Creed (Official Thread)

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
might have to cop that steelbook :ehh: even tho i refuse to pay more than 15 for a bluray :patrice:

EDIT: @FlyRy @MartyMcFly where do yall usually cop yall steelbooks? i tried to go the zavii route but they be having a lot of blurays that arent even region A so its basically pointless
Target or best buy breh. Never has the exclusive
Im not region free but i did import a korean kimchi steel off ebay because theyare region A and dope

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
Sylvester Stallone Asked "Creed" Director Ryan Coogler If He Should Boycott The Oscars

BEVERLY HILLS, California — Nearly 40 years ago, Sylvester Stallone earned his first Oscar nomination for his performance as Rocky Balboa. And this year, he earned another for reprising the role in the 2015 reboot of the Rocky franchise, Creed, which was directed by Ryan Coogler and co-starred Michael B. Jordan.

But, according to the actor, he wasn’t sure how to celebrate. His nod for Best Supporting Actor was the only Academy Award nomination Creed earned. As the conversation surrounding the lack of diversity among this year’s Academy Awards nominees intensified and some actors and directors proclaimed they’d boycott the event, Stallone turned to Coogler for guidance.

longform-22826-1454965787-3.jpg

Coogler and Jordan on the set of Creed. Barry Wetcher / Warner Bros.

“I said, ‘Ryan, how do you want to handle this? Because I really believe that you are responsible for me being here. Michael Jordan, every time I look in his eyes as an actor, he’s making me better. I think he should’ve been given a lot more respect, a lot more attention,’” Stallone recalled at the Oscar nominees luncheon on Monday, describing his hesitance to commit to attending the Academy Awards ceremony. “He goes, ‘Sly, just go there. Try to represent the film. … We feel you deserve it.’”

But Stallone said he was still unsure. “I said, ‘If you want me to go, I’ll go. If you don’t, I won’t,’” Stallone remembered. “And he goes, ‘No, we want you to go.’ That’s the kind of guy he is. ‘We want you to go and respect us and stand up for the film.’”

Stallone certainly represented at the luncheon. When asked about his thoughts regarding the lack of racial diversity among the nominees and in Hollywood at large, Stallone said: “Certainly, there’s the universal law of existence: You either adapt or cease to exist. So I think adaptation and evolving is definitely necessary. … I do believe that things will change in just a matter of time. Eventually, all talent will rise to the top, it’s just a matter of getting a new paradigm, a new way of thinking. It’s gonna happen, but I really do owe everything to these two young men, for sure.”

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
This was actually a good twist to me, made it more realistic and less "feel-good". Just saw it this evening and I felt a lot of people were surprised by the ending in the room.

Really enjoyed the movie too, director manages to keep the force "feel-good" moments reasonable, puts in some drama, just enough laughs (some very unexpected), all in all a really good movie and I can't even say I'm a huge Rocky fan like that.
you do know that wasn't a twist... it's the exact same damn ending from rocky 1

this movie was pretty much rocky 1

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
Ending was dope. Sets up the fight between MBJ and the dude from Apollos's sons camp to fight for the title in the next one. Real champ gets out of prison by part 3 and wants a shot to regain his title. Rocky passes by part 3 as well...

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
Dope movie :ohlawd:

I should've watched it before my last race (half marathon last month) . Meek Mill playing during the key training parts was :banderas:

The plot was perfect. :myman: Everyone played their parts well. Stallone deserved the best supporting actor he won for this film. Tessa Thompson kept reminding me of a prime Lisa Bonet with those braids :noah:

The heart of Philadelphia was showcased

I'll be at the theatre opening night for the sequel :lawd: