"Creative" stuff yall working on?(writing, art, games, music, construction, cooking, gardening, etc)

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills
(Semi) Off topic but is this guy black? I've been looking up recent black authors to get a sense of the modern voice in literature and finding this guy David Chariandy, I'm unsure. He is Trinidadian-Canadian based off what I've seen but still, looks kinda Indian to me.

1409346817562.jpg
David Chariandy - Department of English - Simon Fraser University

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Well I came back from the amazon seminar shyt was $500 to get in for 3 days...:francis: I was sold but I didnt have the entry fee...

I learned a few things looking to apply them but I need to find someone else for those connections its crazy I gotta pay a high price for it...

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
(Semi) Off topic but is this guy black? I've been looking up recent black authors to get a sense of the modern voice in literature and finding this guy David Chariandy, I'm unsure. He is Trinidadian-Canadian based off what I've seen but still, looks kinda Indian to me.

1409346817562.jpg
David Chariandy - Department of English - Simon Fraser University

That's an Indian name as well.

I would never consider him black if I just randomly saw him, but I probably see too many Indians these days

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

The Blue Collar Hustle is a web series about “4 young men from Stone Mountain, Ga who attempt to change their destinies through Music, art, and imagination. All while juggling families, careers, and the realities that come with existing as black men in modern day society”.

First of all, I love this web series, because it depicts real life situations that black young adults face on a day to day basis. The series covers everything from work, relationships, friendships and parenthood. I love how positively black people are illustrated and how every mishap characters face unfolds into a teaching moment.

In episode one “Where I Belong,” Anaya (Tijuana Agnew) is explaining her satisfaction with finally being casted and not being asked to straighten her afro, wear skin lightening make up or act like she had just been in a fight on love and hip hop. Right in the beginning of the episode, viewers immediately resonate to how black people are constantly type casted and portrayed as ignorant in media. After more dialogue, Anaya is leaving and her husband Ajani (Alonge Hawes) tells his wife to ‘stay woke” as she is walking out the door. I love this. All this greatness in the first five minutes is what got me hooked! I could tell that this series was going to be unapologetically black

Full review/interview link

CSUITEMUSIC | Unapologetic. Excellence.