"Creative" stuff yall working on?(writing, art, games, music, construction, cooking, gardening, etc)

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If anyone got any lofi sets +30 minutes, lemme know and I'll add it to my playlist

MECCA1000

All Star
Daps
Just started a artificial turf install on the backyard. Cleared out about 3 inches of dirt and dropped over 10 tons of sand and minus. Took forever to level and compact it down. Now just looking for the best price for a good quality turf. They run the prices up cause of the longevity of the turf and that sucks

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
Last year I got so discouraged when I was really putting a lot of effort into getting my stories off the ground and was barely getting any feedback. I basically quit and now it's almost been a year. I need to get back on my shyt :francis:

King

The black man is always targeted.
Bushed
Daps
rough draft of my music video is done, turned out pretty damn good :wow:

feedback appreciated

I like it, very high quality and professional, cool shots. I personally don’t feel the black bars tho doesn’t necessarily match the image of an indie artist. I’d personally upscale that for aesthetic reasons if possible. I know it gives off a more cinematic look but it’s kinda hard to look at off my first impression.

Tbh tho the one thing I’m concerned about is your plan to promote this. Unless it’s purely for aesthetic reasons or to present to a label or something.

Seems like you invested some money into this project. It’s a bit overkill for me considering where you’re at with building a social media following and hype behind the project.

Don’t know what your plan is but I’d personally hold off on releasing it and focus on building buzz, if what I said is accurate. I’d personally make a trailer and leverage social media to growth hack to gain some buzz. Hell even a come up with Tiktok challenge, just exhaust every lane.

But then again, idk your position you could prolly have all this planned already.

Don’t mean to sound like a buzzkill just giving honest feedback

King

Bushed
Daps
thanks breh... but I have 2 million followers on tumblr that's where I promote :win: I don't have any followers on YouTube because that's just my old personal channel I renamed lol... with just promoting on my blog alone I was able to get the song to 160k plays on spotify and 44k on SoundCloud (free). that's pretty good I think. I am planning on adding the song to playlists and tik tok to promote as well. I haven't posted the song in a month and it continues to get 2-3k streams a day
That’s good leverage. Lmk if you need any help on making a tiktok challenge I’ll see if I could help out with some strategy on that.

Couple questions

To preface: What is your long term goal here? Are you trying to leverage this into a deal or is this purely an independent venture that you monetize? Are you trying to build this artist up or are you acting as a producer of which you are the artist?

What’s the conversion ratio between your marketing and streaming? You have any data on where those streams are coming from? Are they organic?

Can you identify your target market and picture of what your day one listeners are down to a tee? Once you answer that question do you know what listeners you are trying to convert into regular listeners?

How has your promotion campaign looked? Did you get an initial burst of streams some time ago and you’re eating off residuals or is this all current? Do you already have a solid outline of your further promotional campaigns and what exactly you want out of them?

In regards to monetizing do you have an idea of what your main streams of revenue would be short, mid, and long term as you grow?

Just some questions to consider, you don’t have to answer em. But feel free to if you wanna chop it up on any particular topic. I come for a startup background so shyt like this interests me.

King

Bushed
Daps
long term goal is a label deal or songwriting label deal (i wrote some of the song).. if I can’t get those I’m fine with being independent artist. I guess I plan on doing albums like Khaled does except I’ll be co-writing the songs and picking the beats etc.

there’s no way to tell the conversion rate as there’s no way to track the clicks on Tumblr.. but I can tell from the amount of notes on a post and the amount of streams that marketing is working. The amount of streams are always higher. Clicks are organic cause I only advertise in 1-2 places.

Target market right now is teenage/adult women, that’s according to my Spotify which says 70% of listeneners are women. This will change and grow as I have more songs that are unreleased that target different markets. I can also tell allot of them are regular listeners of the song as my Spotify stats say most of my plays Are from people playing the song from their library

my promo campaign started off slow on SoundCloud, then there was a surge of plays so I put it on Spotify. On Spotify it’s been pretty steady with around 50k a month (released in February). I’m not eating off it yet cause it takes a few months for them to calculate the earnings. Future campaigns I want to expand outside of Tumblr and gain a larger following

in terms of monetizing any further, I would need help in that area :heh:
I would advise you to sign up for this course immediately

The Mystery School