Crazy Rich Asians trailer

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
After sleeping on this I still really enjoyed it. Which I thought I was one of the most crowd-pleasing movies of the year
Yes, it's very cliché but it knows what it needs to deliver and does so perfectly. As far as genre movies go, this is a pitch perfect romcom.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This is a pretty paint by numbers romantic comedy but it had a really good cast and the Asian perspective instead of non-stop whiteness like in every other romcom made it easier to deal with. Plus Michelle Yeoh is awesome.
Gemma Chan's entire subplot seemed so disconnected from the rest of the movie and could have been dropped to shave a smooth 30 minutes of the run time without missing a beat though.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
It will fall off soon enough... $35 Million opening..:mjlol: Yeah it has lasting power...:laff: They probably broke even with the budget... Better hope those asian audiences flock to this...:mjpls:
:mjlol: This couldn’t be more wrong. Only dropped 5% it’s 2nd weekend. It’s going to be a smash hit

doublex

Pro
Daps
Not a bad movie but they poured jelly on themselves having all them actors who weren’t full Asian. The male lead was definitely half white and it was obvious. Also how you gonna be an old money family in Singapore with business ties that goes back to the 1800s in China but your last name is Young :heh: Was expecting something a bit more ethnic.

Pretty sure the family name was "Yung".

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
This is a pretty paint by numbers romantic comedy but it had a really good cast and the Asian perspective instead of non-stop whiteness like in every other romcom made it easier to deal with. Plus Michelle Yeoh is awesome.
Gemma Chan's entire subplot seemed so disconnected from the rest of the movie and could have been dropped to shave a smooth 30 minutes of the run time without missing a beat though.

I think her character plays a bigger role in the sequels. (The book is a trilogy so expect to more sequels).

Movie was great tho. I really enjoyed it. Overall I’m just happy for the Asian people in my life who were really excited for this.

banner34

Superstar
Daps
It will fall off soon enough... $35 Million opening..:mjlol: Yeah it has lasting power...:laff: They probably broke even with the budget... Better hope those asian audiences flock to this...:mjpls:
it will gross over a 100 million

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
it will gross over a 100 million
It did this weekend. Good for the movie, especially since it seems generally well-liked. It's definitely proof that after the still growing popularity of K-Pop there's a big market for Asian centric entertainment, and of course as so often female audiences stand at the base of it.