Crazy article about Notre Dame player Manti Te’o - Says dead girlfriend is a hoax

nalej

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Seatown
too long to paste. If true what an idiot to think you can get away with something like that in this day and age.

Manti Te'o's Dead Girlfriend, The Most Heartbreaking And Inspirational Story Of The College Football Season, Is A Hoax

He just made an official response to this

"This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but over an extended period of time, I developed an emotional relationship with a woman I met online. We maintained what I thought to be an authentic relationship by communicating frequently online and on the phone, and I grew to care deeply about her. To realize that I was the victim of what was apparently someone's sick joke and constant lies was, and is, painful and humiliating. It further pains me that the grief I felt and the sympathies expressed to me at the time of my grandmother's death in September were in any way deepened by what I believed to be another significant loss in my life. I am enormously grateful for the support of my family, friends and Notre Dame fans throughout this year. To think that I shared with them my happiness about my relationship and details that I thought to be true about her just makes me sick. I hope that people can understand how trying and confusing this whole experience has been. In retrospect, I obviously should have been much more cautious. If anything good comes of this, I hope it is that others will be far more guarded when they engage with people online than I was. Fortunately, I have many wonderful things in my life, and I'm looking forward to putting this painful experience behind me as I focus on preparing for the NFL Draft."

Stress Welker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Manti Te'o's Dead Girlfriend, The Most Heartbreaking And Inspirational Story Of The College Football Season, Is A Hoax

Did you enjoy the uplifiting story, the tale of a man who responded to adversity by becoming one of the top players of the game? If so, stop reading.

Manti Te'o did lose his grandmother this past fall. Annette Santiago died on Sept. 11, 2012, at the age of 72, according to Social Security Administration records in Nexis. But there is no SSA record there of the death of Lennay Marie Kekua, that day or any other. Her passing, recounted so many times in the national media, produces no obituary or funeral announcement in Nexis, and no mention in the Stanford student newspaper.

Nor is there any report of a severe auto accident involving a Lennay Kekua. Background checks turn up nothing. The Stanford registrar's office has no record that a Lennay Kekua ever enrolled. There is no record of her birth in the news. Outside of a few Twitter and Instagram accounts, there's no online evidence that Lennay Kekua ever existed.

The photographs identified as Kekua—in online tributes and on TV news reports—are pictures from the social-media accounts of a 22-year-old California woman who is not named Lennay Kekua. She is not a Stanford graduate; she has not been in a severe car accident; and she does not have leukemia. And she has never met Manti Te'o.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
oC0Gq.gif

SHAQAVELLI

We Are Penn State
Daps
Reppin
PA
Yeah just saw this come across on twitter. I'm tweeting, facebook'ing and texting everyone about this story.

Amazing reporting. Deadspin is going to win awards for this.

Absolute mind-blower :mindblown:

Daps
Reppin
Atlanta To New Orleans
Are people really that surprised? :ooh:

I don't even care about that show Catfish, but shows like that and articles like these expose that a lot of people make up fake accounts and profiles just for the drama and publicity (fame if they could be famous for it). Folks are disgusting these days when it comes to stuff like this and it keeps happening because people will run and believe anything that sounds "inspirational," especially in sports.

Roadie pipeher

From the embers
Daps
Are people really that surprised? :ooh:

I don't even care about that show Catfish, but shows like that and articles like these expose that a lot of people make up fake accounts and profiles just for the drama and publicity (fame if they could be famous for it). Folks are disgusting these days when it comes to stuff like this and it keeps happening because people will run and believe anything that sounds "inspirational," especially in sports.

I am honestly....as famous person you would think the media would do a thorough check....