Craig Carton of WFAN gets arrested in $5.6 Million dollar ticket fraud scheme

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
:comeon:
From what I remember, the dude barely even knows baseball as it is. I’d like to know why execs and producers at MLBN think this is a good idea. He must have friends there.

Privilege at its best...pathetic.

Haven’t listened to his afternoon radio show with Evan Roberts, but I’ve read that it’s terrible.

Edit: I forgot Chris Mad Dog Russo has had an afternoon show on MLBN for years...but at least he knows baseball and especially baseball history. I’m assuming this Carton move is being made with that in mind?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
:comeon:
From what I remember, the dude barely even knows baseball as it is. I’d like to know why execs and producers at MLBN think this is a good idea. He must have friends there.

Privilege at its best...pathetic.

Haven’t listened to his afternoon radio show with Evan Roberts, but I’ve read that it’s terrible.

Edit: I forgot Chris Mad Dog Russo has had an afternoon show on MLBN for years...but at least he knows baseball and especially baseball history. I’m assuming this Carton move is being made with that in mind?
Yeah, Evan and Carton is terrible. They go out of their way not to talk about sports.

• Dap
Reactions: Rev

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
Yeah, Evan and Carton is terrible. They go out of their way not to talk about sports.

I tried to give them a go when they first started together, more out of curiosity than anything. But I've kinda fallen off with them and only tuned in occasionally. I tuned in when it was something I was interested in hearing from them (mostly Evan) about, like the Harden trade or when Bauer signed with the Dodgers.... I assume it's more Carton pushing the non-sports stuff than it is Evan

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
:unimpressed: fukkin guy's gonna be out of debt in no time at this rate.

https://nypost.com/2021/03/04/carton-roberts-heading-to-tv-on-sny-simulcast/

The afternoon sports radio war is headed to TV.

WFAN’s “Carton & Roberts” have signed a simulcast deal to air its radio program on SNY weekdays from 4-6 p.m. beginning in May. This will put the still relatively new program featuring Craig Carton and Evan Roberts in direct television competition with ESPN New York’s “The Michael Kay Show,” which is simulcast on YES starting at 3 p.m. The Kay show signs off TV at six on many nights as the Yankees pregame begins.

Carton, who was released from prison this summer after serving a year for fraud, continues his comeback on the airwaves. Besides the afternoon drive time radio show and now simulcast, Carton has been in talks to potentially do an hour-long morning TV show on MLB Network.

After Kay, Peter Rosenberg and Don La Greca beat “Carton and Roberts” in the abbreviated competition of the fall book, “Carton & Roberts” has struck back, moving into what amounts to a virtual tie after the first month, akin to three innings of the nine-inning game. “Carton & Roberts” had a tenth of a point advantage when both stations streams were included and the trends point to them having the advantage in the overall book.

The Kay show is hurt by the weak lead-in from Max Kellerman’s national program. However, Kay and company have also previously felt that their radio ratings might be lessened by those tuning in on YES. Now, at least for two hours, the two shows will be on more equal footing.

In its 16 years of existence, SNY has always shied away from radio simulcasts, as it previously had its own programming. During the pandemic, it eliminated its non-baseball afternoon studio shows.

Exact terms of the WFAN-SNY deal were not disclosed, though it is a multiyear agreement.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
John Jastemski is leaving WFAN for the Ringer. The WFAN is basically got no future quality talent. Maggie is the best personality they got. Everyone else is just a NY suburban loser who isn't as funny as they think they are.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
John Jastemski is leaving WFAN for the Ringer. The WFAN is basically got no future quality talent. Maggie is the best personality they got. Everyone else is just a NY suburban loser who isn't as funny as they think they are.
Simmons recognizes his talent on the gambling side. Good work by him.

I haven’t really played the Fan much since Benigno left. They might need to run another fantasy phenom contest or five

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
Coming to Florida and not paying Stu Gotz his vig is disrespect like not wiping your feet on the rug..

EteQm_gXYAED-HU.jpg