COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
He's not perceived well at all. I'm not a fan of him, but he's exhibited how to manage a situation much better than De Blasio has. The Mayor's rhetoric has been that of dystopian vocabulary. Cuomo has been extremely fortunate that Downstate (NYC/Westchester) is Blue because he does not have many friends in Upstate NY/Northern Tier areas.

What else is Upstate? I know Buffalo is but I always wondered if the state is more like Illinois. Like we'll look because a red state cuz certain spots just not going.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
What else is Upstate? I know Buffalo is but I always wondered if the state is more like Illinois. Like we'll look because a red state cuz certain spots just not going.

Buffalo, Syracuse, Binghamton Utica, Rome, Albany and Watertown are among the cities Upstate. While the cities tend to vote Blue because of the racial demographics, the suburbs are Republican. On top of it being a very high tax state, Cuomo has really screwed over everyone outside of the city (NYC) with a misappropriation of funds for projects that could have done wonders for local economies. Even Downstate, the poor state of affairs of the MTA has him reviled as well. Andy Byford, head of the MTA, quit a month ago because the Governor constantly got in his way regarding a variety of projects most notably the L train shutdown which was necessary but Cuomo reopened the line using his authority because the real estate lobby got in his ear.