COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
You aren't prescribed antibiotics for viruses/upper respiratory infections because antibiotics can't kill viruses breh. So either those people lied to you or you making up shyt to support your opinion.
from this article just posted in this thread.
His family told TMZ that medical personnel performed a chest x-ray and confirmed that Ghazarian had pneumonia. He was reportedly tested for COVID-19 before he was sent home with antibiotics and fluids and was instructed to self-quarantine while he awaited the results.

He found out he tested positive for coronavirus on March 13, TMZ reported. The next day he was taken to the hospital by ambulance and quickly transferred to the ICU. At which point, doctors discovered that his lungs were 60-70 percent blocked with pneumonia.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
"anti-biotics" being a generic term that people that aren't doctors use(improperly, i'll give you that).:comeon: But people have been told they had "upper respiratory infections" recently.

:hubie:People been had this shyt. The tests aren't giving people this shyt. These cases aren't "new".

But you can't just assume all those people had it because people get upper respiratory infections/flu every year. Not to mention there are people with those same symptoms now testing negative for the Coronavirus. Community spread is real and a lot of these cases are actually new since it takes roughly 1-2 weeks for symptoms to show. Not 1-2 months.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
But you can't just assume all those people had it because people get upper respiratory infections/flu every year. Not to mention there are people with those same symptoms now testing negative for the Coronavirus. Community spread is real and a lot of these cases are actually new since it takes roughly 1-2 weeks for symptoms to show. Not 1-2 months.
again, people have been saying they were sick back in January/February. A few people even said December. They went in to test for the flu, and that came back negative but they had a URI. I agree it's has spread, but not since last week, for months.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
:mindblown: Prescribing antibiotics for pneumonia, which isn't an upper respiratory infection was the right call breh. They didn't give him antibiotics because he tested positive for Coronavirus.
Antibiotic Use in Acute Upper Respiratory Tract Infections

Upper respiratory tract infections account for millions of visits to family physicians each year in the United States. Although warranted in some cases, antibiotics are greatly overused.

Appropriate Antibiotic Use for Acute Respiratory Tract Infection in Adults | Annals of Internal Medicine | American College of Physicians

Acute respiratory tract infection (ARTI) is the most common reason for antibiotic prescription in adults. Antibiotics are often inappropriately prescribed for patients with ARTI.

Prescribing Antibiotics for Upper Respiratory Infections

Drug-resistant bacteria have become a major public health problem in the United States. Physicians have contributed to this resistance by prescribing antibiotics for conditions for which those drugs are not effective or indicated.1,2 For example, although viruses cause nearly all upper respiratory tract infections (URIs), physicians frequently prescribe antibiotics for these conditions. When presented with the case of an infant with scant green mucopurulent nasal secretions of a day’s duration, 71% of family physicians and 53% of pediatricians would immediately prescribe an antibiotic.3 The studies by Hueston and colleagues4 and Dosh and coworkers5 in this issue of the Journal provide additional insight into the diagnosis, coding, and antibiotic prescribing practices of primary care clinicians with patients presenting with URIs.
give up. :stopitslime:

move on

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
I ain't taking shyt fukk what they come up with.

I've never taken the flu vaccine and haven't had the flu in over 15 years. My folks take that shyt and get sick every year even after I beg em not to.

I'm a machine out here in these skreets.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I ain't taking shyt fukk what they come up with.

I've never taken the flu vaccine and haven't had the flu in over 15 years. My folks take that shyt and get sick every year even after I beg em not to.

I'm a machine out here in these skreets.
I'm not anti vaccine at all

But if you rushing shyt through
And Trump probably the nikka that pressured them to do so

NOPE!

skeetsinternal

I never see my nut
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cervixes
Dude said this takes years and years usually

But we're going to push this thru in a few months

Nope

I'm good
Yea it's alot of red tape, inspections and data need to be collected such as stability, toxicology, clinical efficacy etc. These are typical regulations the FDA hold drug manufacturers to comply with in order to protect the public

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown