COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
of course it's going to get worse. the tests are barely just rolling out now
I asked because a lot of these events are only being postponed till April or so, I guess they will extend when the time comes. Stay safe everyone:sadcam:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Effective today (March 11) all gatherings of over 15 people internally and in our external locations need to be changed to virtual meetings or telephone conferences where possible, be postponed to a later date or cancelled. This direction applies to any events for the remainder of March and the entire month of April, and it includes meetings, events, conferences and rounds, whether they involve staff, invited guests, families, patients or combinations of these groups. Please note we may also have to start cancelling meetings of smaller groups to free up capacity to refocus on other important priorities.

Email we just got at work

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
hard to give a shyt at work when it seems like the world is literally ending. I don't even believe the virus is that strong it's more about the economy and society. People are dumb and panic.

Same here. I don't feel like doing work when in a month or two time this work shyt might not even matter.

So it's not just me feeling a lil apathetic. My future goals at least for the year are still doable.....maybe??? :patrice:????

I'm literally preparing my mind to be told "go and work from home" in the next couple weeks. If the right (wrong) ingredients are there I'll be teleworking. I prefer going to an office.

This is feeling more like a dystopian sci-fi End of the World as we know it movie everyday.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
You wanna know why this shyt is not going to get better here. The Trump admin is keeping coronavirus info as classified info.

Yahoo is now a part of Verizon Media

nikka trying to withhold the information while the rich scramble to move their money out of the stock market because they know that shyt gonna crash beyond measure soon. This some sick shyt :smh:

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So it's not just me feeling a lil apathetic. My future goals at least for the year are still doable.....maybe??? :patrice:????

I'm literally preparing my mind to be told "go and work from home" in the next couple weeks. If the right (wrong) ingredients are there I'll be teleworking. I prefer going to an office.

This is feeling more like a dystopian sci-fi End of the World as we know it movie everyday.
Yes and no. The optics in china of empty city streets look dystopian but if you take into account that they are proving this how you effectively stamp something like Coronavirus in its tracks and just not baseless authoritarianism like 1984.

It feels dystopian because we've never collectively been in this space before. But global pandemics have and will continue to happen. Just our turn to deal with it unfortunately. Once governments start enacting sever and strict social movement like China did, they will hopefully be able to have much better control of containment and increasing cases

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Effective today (March 11) all gatherings of over 15 people internally and in our external locations need to be changed to virtual meetings or telephone conferences where possible, be postponed to a later date or cancelled. This direction applies to any events for the remainder of March and the entire month of April, and it includes meetings, events, conferences and rounds, whether they involve staff, invited guests, families, patients or combinations of these groups. Please note we may also have to start cancelling meetings of smaller groups to free up capacity to refocus on other important priorities.

Email we just got at work
Good stuff. So far our firm just basically said if you have any fever symptoms don't even bother coming in. Meanwhile we got a Partner just now that said he is still going through with his Milan trip in June because "everything should be over by then" - and this was right after the 25 York news.

Dude's office is beside mine. If he goes I am telling Managing Partner straight up I am not coming in/or going remote when it's back. He already has some sketch health issues too.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Yes and no. The optics in china of empty city streets look dystopian but if you take into account that they are proving this how you effectively stamp something like Coronavirus in its tracks and just not baseless authoritarianism like 1984.

It feels dystopian because we've never collectively been in this space before. But global pandemics have and will continue to happen. Just our turn to deal with it unfortunately. Once governments start enacting sever and strict social movement like China did, they will hopefully be able to have much better control of containment and increasing cases

The difference between here and China is people here are stupid as fukk and will disregard instruction. This shyt show gonna be something to see.