COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
I seen all that breh.

I said "I haven't seen anything out of either of those places that definitively states the virus can stay in the air for hours."

Nothing in either of those says anything about it being contagious in the air for hours. The only thing even close to that is a vague reference to "longer than 30 minutes."

If it was commonly accepted that was possible....then the paper wouldn't need a peer review. That's why peer reviews exist.

Fred.

And peer reviews take how long?

Do you base your existence on peer review or do you at times use your own logic?

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Seriously. If you've seen my other posts you'd know I was LIVID with her for going to their last services.

She said the Pastor is distraught, blames herself (sorry, but she should).
The pastor is the same as a dirty cop, a predator ass teacher, etc...people that have jobs where their purpose is to keep people safe, but then prey on the vulnerable. fukking disgusting, need to be in jail, right along with fukkface Trump, DeSantos, and all the other pols/community leaders, even normal ass fukking idiots on Facebook or any other social media trying to convince people that they are safe.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Breh @hex just to be sure what are you actually contesting?

1. That humans emit viruses into their environment from their mouth / nose?

2. That those emissions contains viruses in droplet particle form?

3. That SARS-CoV-2 is emitted in droplet particle form?

4. That some of the droplets are aerosols?

5. That those aerosols do not drop straight to the ground?

6. That those aerosols remain in the air for at least 30 mins?

7. That those aerosols are not / cannot be inhaled?

8. That those aerosols are not a transmission vector even if inhaled?

9. Something else?

Furthermore at which point do these statements fall so far outside of the real of possibility that they rule out reasonable pre-emptive action.

-

By way of parallel should another Sars like virus emerge we might (even in the absence of sufficient evidence) reasonably take reasonable pre-emptive measures based on the assumption that it is transmitted by droplet, based on its structural similarity to other Sars viruses and the mechanics of respiratory viral transmission.

You will note that due the lack of case history many of the actions which have been taken thus far by TPTB have been based on reasonable inferences drawn from related viruses. The case spread models used by Fauci, Imperial and Oxford are some examples of this.

We do this because an informed (and possibly informed guess) is much more likely to be a better approximate than a random stab in the dark. These then serve as bootstrapped starting points which are continuously revised as more data emerges.

This all quite aside from what appears to be your chief point of consternation that studies are not peer reviewed.

Peer review is no arbiter of correctness. Critical criteria are more likely to be who the originators and reviewers were. If someone were to dig out a peer reviewed study, that it and of itself would not be a determinant of whether it was correct or not. In short a non-peer reviewed multi-participant / team study from MIT, Johns Hopkins, Harvard is more likely to be correct than one from joe-bloggs around the corner that has been reviewed by less leading lights.

So I write all of that to say this...
xrXBV5y.png

1. In the absence of peer-reviewed studies it is often prudent to take preemptive measures (including models, policies, etc) as long as those measures in and of themselves have reasonable downsides and correspondingly larger upsides.

2. Peer-review is important but actions such as in 1. are often required in-situ even as we wait for more accurate data

3. Virology when met with a novel virus applies more than just a series of stabs in the dark. Inferences are regularly drawn about novel viral behavior based on pre-existing literature and observed similarities.

Now if someone has time they can continue the hunt for a suitable per-reviewed study...

The original post was an article with no peer review saying it's possible COVID-19 can stay contagious in the air for hours. That's literally the only thing I'm contesting.

Again, articles without peer review are not even meant for the public.

We had someone else post a non-peer reviewed article earlier in the thread, that had several people thinking COVID-19 made humans sterile. This shyt is already bad enough without people posting things that haven't even been confirmed.

And I don't understand why people keep mentioning #6.....or hell, any number in your post. I never contested any of that that. Never said anything about it at all, actually.

Not really understanding what's so confusing here.

Fred.

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
I switched back over to raw cones blunts make my throat feel weird even before all this and with this shyt going on I was tired of being paranoid after every smoke
Yeah I only smoke raw papers

but this bud I’m smoking right now super light I gotta smoke like two spliffs to the face back to back to get even half way right

I knew I shouldn’t have copped this shyt smh

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
With a negative net worth of $65 billion and an additional $140 billion in unfunded liabilities, the USPS originally expected to run out of liquidity by 2021 without intervention. That has accelerated rapidly because of COVID-19. Fewer people and businesses are sending mail because of the outbreak, which could hasten the decline of the Postal Service and close its doors as early as June, officials warned.

USPS warns it might have to shutter by June as $2 trillion coronavirus stimulus package provides no funding

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
And peer reviews take how long?

Do you base your existence on peer review or do you at times use your own logic?

Peer reviews usually take around a month.

There is no way any one on The Coli can use their own logic to determine if COVID-19 is contagious in the air hours later.

If you want to assume it's contagious and airborne hours later and wear a mask 24/7 :manny: people were doing that anyway.

I'm saying people need to chill out posting things that haven't even been confirmed yet.

Fred.

eXodus

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Could definitely be in my mind

I started feeling like I had to swallow a lot last night but I woke up feeling fine (I got the news about my supervisor like an hour and a half ago)

I copped an ounce of some weak bud and have to smoke more than usual (I know I know) so maybe that’s why my throat feeling a lil funny....I haven’t smoked today though

I just copped some cold press organic juices so ima drink like two of them today and see what it do
yea get your fluid game/Vit C, Vit D game strong jut in case.