COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
Ofelia-RoussevaCropped-1585177099.jpg

Woman who died of COVID-19 refused to go to hospital, believed it was the flu, worried about bills, her son says
Son said his mother thought she just had the flu

pg-logo-100px-green-byline.png

SEAN D. HAMILL
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
shamill@post-gazette.com

MAR 25, 2020

6:58 PM
Ofelia Rousseva thought she just had the flu before she died of COVID-19 on March 19, becoming the second person in Allegheny County to die of the disease.

Even though the flu conditions were enough that Mrs. Rousseva, 78, slept for most of two days before she died in her son’s home in Greenfield — she had been visiting from her home in Bulgaria since November — she told her son she did not want to go to the hospital

“She didn’t have insurance. She thought she might not be able to pay the bills,” her son, Ludmil Velev, said Wednesday from his hospital bed at UPMC Presbyterian, where he has been treated for COVID-19 since Monday. “And being a foreigner, she was worried even more

Mr. Velev said he told his mother — a famed women’s choir director in her hometown in Sofia, Bulgaria — that she should go to the hospital.

“She was refusing to go,” said Mr. Velev, 43, a Lyft and Uber driver who has difficulty breathing now. “She thought it was regular flu and that it would get better by itself.”

That was partly because Mr. Velev’s daughter, Isabella, 4, got sick first about two weeks ago “but she went through it fast” and was fine in a couple days. Then his wife, Carmen Blanco, got sick just briefly and was fine in a day

Both he and his mother started getting sick at about the same time around March 12. That was about the time that Mr. Velev said he stopped taking rides for Uber and Lyft, the ride-hailing companies he works for.

Woman who died of COVID-19 refused to go to hospital, worried about bills, her son says
35-40k for a coronavirus hospital bill ain't nothing to sneeze at but I'd like to believe that a life is worth much more

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Wawa always gonna be open in Delaware and PA. That’s a major part of life down here :mjlol:

I live near the university. You can feel the sickness in the air. I’m not going anywhere like that unless I run out of food.

If u a pawg lover and u live near that university...
Then ur in heaven...
Good lawd

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Damn I woulda figured somebdy would have done a panick thread on KAT's momz by now...
:yeshrug:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Folks have to stop saying this. Look at the world. No one "planned properly" for this. The world is suffering not just the US. The focus is always on us because the other countries are basically children who rely on the US to lead. Unfortunately we don't have the most poised leader for the scenario. :francis:
About a month and a week was wasted time. If Trump asked his advisers for the worst case scenario and prepped for half of it back then we might have been able to reach the full extent. Our medical system is already starting to strain and when that happens the death toll is probably gonna spike massively.