COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Kokoro

Passion
Supporter
Daps
Just a recap of the numbers so far to highlight the exponential increase of this day to day.

We are at 130 deaths today. Day obviously still not over yet.

Yesterday we had 225 deaths. The day before that 140. The day before that 111. Then he day before that 46. On the west coast only half the day is done. Still a lot of day left.

Here is the site I'm referencing.
United States Coronavirus: 64,775 Cases and 910 Deaths - Worldometer

Extrapolate this pattern out to Easter and you start to get an idea where the numbers are heading. Trump hard headness isn't going to change reality.
At 151 one and a half hours laters. Crazy.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Ft bliss shutting down :damn:
Got more positive cases than what they wanna say
Telling everyone who dont live on post :camby:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You know what the more I watch and to see how Trump handle this and I didn't find it funny anymore, it's just sad now.

it’s always been sad...but I am sometimes forced to take a humorous stance cuz it literally gives me a headache if I don’t and puts me in a really negative frame of mind to the point of wanting to hurt a stupid muthafukka

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
He's probably not expecting it to change miraculously like he implies...I saw a plausible theory which says he's banking on individual states to implement their own measures and to own any lockdowns. Doesn't want to risk being the face of any prolonged shutdowns which could prove to be very unpopular the longer they go on. He wants a monopoly on the feel good stuff like "we'll all go back to work ASAP'' knowing damn well NYC won't be in any position to carry on as normal in 2/3 weeks.
He's not referring to those areas though, and he's explicitly stated that. It's the flyover states he's talking about easing the restrictions on.

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
90695665_2316496028650963_527100359617806336_n.jpg

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
One thing I hope Trump is right about is that this does have a seasonal component. If this shyt is persistent during the summer, I admit I'm legit worried about how things will progress. People are going to start acting nuts. Especially if by this time our inept government (not just trump but the whole system) doesn't wake up to the fact in that scenario a universal monthly basic income is necessary, shyt is going to be real scary.

Meanwhile, in the Southern Hemisphere, you have that dumbass Bolsonaro on TV said fukk any sort of social distancing and pushing a return to normalcy during a time they are just now starting to see an increase in cases. Again, if there is a seasonal component, Brazil is mostly in the Southern Hemisphere and are entering their fall season. This is the worst time for this shyt to happen to them. Their only saving grace is how close they are to the equator and that may slow it a bit, again assuming there is a seasonal component.

Last edited: