COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
cuomo pulled a 180.. couple days ago it was "everyone stay home" now its "lets get the young people out there working" :heh:

He actually said it may have been a misstep on everyones part. The whole isolation may have not been the way to go. Because the young ended up staying with older folks cause schools and jobs were closed down. So that may have spiked the situation.

Hey I can respect him saying hey we fukked up lets address it. Or him saying early last week....if you want to blame someone blame myself.

At least we getting leadership from this kat Cuomo. Compared to the absolute shyt show that you seeing every day with the white house press conferences.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Coronavirus Spreading Faster Than Projected in N.Y.: Live Updates

snippet:

Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo, speaking at the Javits Center in Manhattan, which the Army Corps is retrofitting into a 1,000-bed emergency hospital, said the rate of new coronavirus infections in New York is doubling about every three days.

“We haven’t flattened the curve. And the curve is actually increasing,” he said. The governor, appearing in front of piles of medical supplies, spoke in a far more sober tone and delivered notably bleaker news than he has in previous days.

The peak of infection in New York could come as soon as two to three weeks, far earlier than previously anticipated, Mr. Cuomo said, which would put even bigger strain on the health care system than officials had feared.

“The apex is higher than we thought and the apex is sooner than we thought,” Mr. Cuomo said. “That is a bad combination of facts.”

The governor said the state now projects that it may need as many as 140,000 hospital beds to house virus patients, up from the 110,000 projected a few days ago. As of now, only 53,000 are available.

Up to 40,000 intensive-care beds could be needed.

“Those are troubling and astronomical numbers,” Mr. Cuomo said.

As of Tuesday morning, New York State had 25,665 cases, with at least 157 deaths. The state now accounts for nearly 7 percent of global cases tallied by The New York Times.

Some 13 percent of people who have tested positive were hospitalized as of Tuesday with nearly a quarter of those hospitalized in intensive care.

“That’s the problem,” Mr. Cuomo said. “As the number of cases go up, the number of people in hospital beds goes up, the number of people who need an I.C.U. bed and a ventilator goes up, and we cannot address that increasing curve.”

In New York City alone, there have been around 15,000 cases.

Mr. Cuomo, who last week adapted a friendly tone toward President Trump, got as close as he has to chastising the federal government, which has so far sent 400 ventilators to New York City.

“You want a pat on the back for sending 400 ventilators,” Mr. Cuomo said. “What are we going to do with 400 ventilators when we need 30,000 ventilators? You’re missing the magnitude of the problem, and the problem is defined by the magnitude.”

Mr. Cuomo said that New York was a harbinger for the rest of the country.

“Look at us today,” he warned. “Where we are today, you will be in four weeks or five weeks or six weeks. We are your future.”
:sadcam:

Last edited:

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
This is Cuomo's fourth term. He's had enough time to get things done.

And if you ask a cuomo supporter they will say he’s done magical things in his 4 terms

Politics is bullshyt..the person does not matter

A lot of us are just saying he’s handling THIS situation well ...We’re not talking about him trying to rebuilding buffalo or some shyt where he failed

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
thats out of context imo.I think he was saying it in the abstract about how you can do both economic and health at the same time without sacrificing one or the other

Yeah he did he mentioned that yes I understand that we can start back the economy. But do it smartly such as testing folks and if they are not positive and produce antibodies let them go back to work.

But Cuomo said multiple times he will not sacrifice the health of folks in exchange for the economy.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
After seeing this shyt and now first handing dealing with it on a milder level...

ER and ICU nurses need to be making a lot more. That needs to be a 6 figure job without question...

They are getting hit hard out there and they are the only thing keeping thousands of people alive across the entire world.

I’m sure a good bit of them are sick already. I couldn’t imagine trying to work and focus through this shyt.