Country music originated from blacks?

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I'm not a fan of country. I don't know who created that shyt but some of y'all be sounding like those reddit posters who be saying cacs invented rap music then proceed to post this video

This

Nikkaz don't need to claim country music just because it has some roots in blues. It isn't a direct Black genre like Rock and the rest

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This

Nikkaz don't need to claim country music just because it has some roots in blues. It isn't a direct Black genre like Rock and the rest

WRONG!

Unless you have been living under a rock, White people also claim that they invented Rock and Roll. It is really sad when people like you don't know history or music.

You should probably first understand that there are two types of Blues that are played in the USA, namely Delta Blues and Piedmont Blues.

Rock and Roll is from the Delta Blues that is played in Mississippi and West Tennessee. Delta Blues also gave rise to Soul, R&B and Disco.

Piedmont Blues is from Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, East Tennessee and Georgia. Piedmonte Blues gave rise to Country Music, Blue Grass Music, Western Music and Folk Music.

Here are some Piedmonte Blues artist:

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads
We created everything you hear except for that classical and opera bullshyt
We had a small, but significant hand in that genre too. I think I posted some links in The Root a few months back
I like classical music, but imagine if somehow that art caught on with Black folks. Imagine what we'd do with it. :banderas:
It did catch on, but not in mainstream masse. Many Jazz artists from the 20s/40s were classically trained, and looked up to many Classical composers.

https://sonicscoop.com/2018/02/21/6-black-composers-made-music-history/

7 black composers who changed the course of classical music history - Classic FM

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
We had a small, but significant hand in that genre too. I think I posted some links in The Root a few months back

It did catch on, but not in mainstream masse. Many Jazz artists from the 20s/40s were classically trained, and looked up to many Classical composers.

7 black composers who changed the course of classical music history - Classic FM

:ohhh: would rep but it told me to slow down. Thanks for the info.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Another thing that people never mention is that some instruments like the harp, flute and lyre are out of Egypt.

Ancient Egyptian Musical Instruments | ClipArt ETC

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
This

before country, there was literally a sub genre called country-blues. Country is a sub genre of the blues. Without the blues there is no country:gucci: