Countdown to Elliot: Dallas Cowboys 2016 Offseason Thread

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Top priority can mean getting one in free agency or drafting one (in 2nd-4th round) I don't believe for a second Jerry is drafting any of these QB bums with our top 5 pick.

I do think they take a hard look at Wentz and Connor Cook in the 2nd round though.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Top priority can mean getting one in free agency or drafting one (in 2nd-4th round) I don't believe for a second Jerry is drafting any of these QB bums with our top 5 pick.

I do think they take a hard look at Wentz and Connor Cook in the 2nd round though.
Dont underestimate the stupidity of our FO breh
:mjcry:

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
F4kBlCY.png
could fukk up our Top 4 pick tomorrow. :mjcry:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Imma need receipts breh i dont believe this kind of fukkery

I'm almost certain they said backup QB was the top priority. I think y'all cats be playing the telephone game with info y'all hear.

“We’re going to try to all the ways – all ways – to come up with a way to get Tony a backup, while at the same time looking toward the future,” Jones said on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas on Tuesday. “Some people would say that’s dreaming. Everybody wants that, but we have a high draft pick, obviously. We're earned it, and we've got it. If we evaluate and get an opportunity to get a couple of players there, we got to look at it hard.”

more in the article just picked this part primarily
but u are right bout back up but also says the future too so its a game of both from the looks of it

Jerry Jones: Finding a QB a 'high priority'

“Yeah, we gotta look at that,” Jerry Jones said via Breer. “Obviously, it’s a bigger deal now, with Tony injured. And I’m sure he’d understand it. But if we draft the guy [in the first round], we’re drafting him to watch. And that’s the hard thing. He could be watching for three years, but that’s not all bad. It can be a good thing for them. Tony got to watch for a long time — it helped him. Steve Young, Aaron Rodgers, players like that — guys that have stepped in and played great — got to watch.”

Jerry Jones: Cowboys will consider drafting quarterback in top 10 | Larry Brown Sports

ON SIDE NOTE:
also he was puzzled on how weeden won in houston but not in dallas thinking the system is romo friendly but not back up friendly for others too
need to find link for that part also

found it
But there will be changes, beginning with the much-discussed backup quarterback position. After Brandon Weeden, Matt Cassel and Kellen Moore flopped, Weeden went on to win a game that put the Texans on the doorstep of the playoffs. That creates doubt about a system that only works for one guy, who happens to be 35 and gets hurt a lot.

“Why does Brandon go down to Houston and do fine?” Jones asked. “Ours is a system that’s ‘Romo-friendly,’ but is it not ‘other-quarterback-friendly’?”

That’s something coaches will have do address in addition to the personnel department. And with what could be a top-five pick in their pocket, they’ll have a chance to address it, which they haven’t done with a significant pick in decades.

Stephen Jones on Jason Garrett’s future: “He’s safe”

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's a good point about the system, then again the texans have an actual coach who actually coaches and shyt.

Then again maybe it's weedens fault for being unable to thrive in our run/run/pass offense. :mjcry:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
That's a good point about the system, then again the texans have an actual coach who actually coaches and shyt.

Then again maybe it's weedens fault for being unable to thrive in our run/run/pass offense. :mjcry:
I forgot who said it but y'all get caught up with the okey doke with Weeden. Dude didn't light shyt up he had similar stats to what he was with us he just won. That don't make dude worth a shyt now.