could there ever be a day as epic as TGIF was?

Phlipside

all day everyday
Daps
Reppin
Brick City

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-EC-0zER8w&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-EC-0zER8w&feature=related[/ame]

:jawalrus:

Last edited by a moderator:

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
Muppett Babies

that show encouraged kids to use your imagination. :wow:

It's a shame they'll never release it on DVD

:ohhh: almost forgot bout dat shyt too. Dat came on CBS on Saturday mornings too. And da Muppet Show used to come on TNT right after looney toons around dinner time. :skip:

Wait oh shyt i forgot about WB kids too. :ohhh: Freakazoid, Animaniacs, Tiny Toon Adventures. :obama:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
smh, I swear I feel sorry for kids. From Thursday til Monday we was eatin good.

Thursday:
Martin, Living Single(Regine titties :takedat:), NY Undercover
Friday:
TGIF
Saturday:
Kids WB, Fox Kids, WWF and American Gladiators, then you could turn to Nick and watch Legends of the Hidden Temple, Global Guts, and a bunch of cartoon reruns till Snick came on. Or watch Cartoon Network for old Looney Tunes or Tom & Jerry joints.
then on Sunday:
Simpsons, The Critic for a short time, and Married with Children.

I ain't do no kinda homework...:laff:

Phlipside

all day everyday
Daps
Reppin
Brick City
250px-My_Brother_and_Me_TV_Show_Title_Card.JPG

Kenan_%26_Kel_intertitle.jpg

all_that-show.jpg

remember how they use
to preview new saturday morning
cartoons on tgif and then show
the entire episode on saturday
morning?

courtdog

Drinks Blood from a Boot
Daps
Reppin
I live in the United States
:sadbron: It Aint Goin Ever Be That Good Again

I don't know about that bruh. You see, as a kid you valued shytty shoes :hula:
Not saying these where shytty, cuz TGIF was the shyt.
But its the same thing every gen.. you think your gen was the best or at least better than the newer gen
Your parents favorites are rarely your favorites.
My mom would rather watch some blk & white movies over any new blockbuster film :hula:
So when we look @ todays shows? True, Saturday has been erased. No special shows in the AM... why?
Cuz channels like Nickolodean, Nick 2,Toon Disney, Cartoon Network, Boomerang show cartoons 24hrs a day. New and Old.
I guess the regular networks didn't wanna compete there anymore.

But the actual shows?

Adventure Time, Regular Show, Amazing World of Gumball, Chowder, Powerpuff Girls, 2 Stupid Dogs, Spongebob, Phineas & Ferb, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Harvey Birdman, Sealab 2021, Fairly Odd Parents, Billy & Mandy, Justice League, Samurai Jack, Jimmy Neutron, Codename: Kids Next Door, Star Wars: Clone Wars, Teen Titans, Venture Bros, Danny Phantom, Drawn Together, Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends, Avatar, The Boondocks, Black Dynamite, Robot Chicken, Metalocalypse, Batman: Brave & Bold, Ben 10, Dragon Ball Z became popular after it hit cable... was on network TV for years before then :hula: Archer, Static Shock, The Brak Show, Dora thee fukking explorer, Go Diego nikka Go, The Oblongs, The Proud Family, Max & Mutherfukkin Ruby, Kim fukk Possible, My Dad the muthafukkin Rockstar, Rug Rats, Rug Rats: All grown da fukk up, Ren & Muthafukkin Stimpleton, Kenny the muthafukkin Shark, Leelo & Stitch, My life as a teenage ghatdamn robot, Stripperella, The backyardians, Peppa the muthafukkin pig, Brandy & Mr.muthafukkin Whiskers, Dave the Barbarian, Fatherhood, Higglytown Heroes, Peep & the big wide world, Johnny Test, 12oz Mouse, American Dragon: Jake Long, Camp Lazlo, Catscratch, CatDog, Little Einsteins, My Gym Partner's a Monkey, Squidbillies, Mr.Meaty, Assy McGee, Eloise: The animated series, The Emperors New School, Fantastic 4, Handy Manny, Frisco Dingo, Kappa Mikey, The Replacements, Wow Wow Wubbzy, Super Why, Wayside, Back at the Barnyard, Code Monkeys, Edgar & Ellen, Drinky Cow Show, El Tigre, The Land before time, Superjail, Tak & the power of Juju, Word Girl, Word World, The Marvelous misadventures of Flapjack, The Mighty B, The Mr.Men show, The Secret Saturdays, Speed Racer: The Next Muthafukkin Generation, Black Panther, Fanboy and dat nikka Chum Chum, Glen Martin DDS, Iron Man: Armored Adventures, Olivia, The Penguins of Muthafukkingascar, Secret Agent Oso, Wolverine & the X-men, The Superhero Squad Show, The regular show yeah-uh, The Avengers: Earths Mightiest Heroes, Fish Hooks, Generator Rex, Kick Buttowski, Mad, Planet Sheen, Team Umizoomi, Tuff Puppy, Ugly Americans, Thundercats, China IL, Jake & the Neverland Pirates, Kung Fu Panda: Legends of awesomeness, New Looney Tunes show, Secret Mountain Fort Awesome, Voltron Force, Young Justice, Secret Millionaires Club, Dragons: Riders of Berk, Franklin & Friends, Gravity Falls, Green Lantern, The Annoying Orange, Avatar: The Legend of Korra, Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu, Mary Shelley's Frankenhole, TMNT :whew:

And if that isn't enough, next year these shows are dropping
On Cartoon Network they got Beware The Batman, Teen Titans Go
Disney has Hulk: Agents of S.M.A.S.H. & Pac-man: The Adventure Begins

WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW WAS FOX HAS 26 ANIMATED EPISODES OF THE FLINTSTONES IN 2012 :whoo:
And its created by Seth McFarlane

That news deserves its own thread...
What the fukk is that about? Regardless, when this gen grows up. They had a GREAT run of shows as well.
I bet most of us would take todays shows over yesterdays if you compared them....

courtdog

Drinks Blood from a Boot
Daps
Reppin
I live in the United States
I quoted the wrong guy :laugh: Somebody was talking about how the old cartoons was better than todays.
Then I saw your post and thought you was replying to that :yeshrug:

I was just proving a point that while they not found at the same places, they (new shows that are worthy) are still be put out for the new gen.
I didn't even name a single non cartoon that kids watch today.
nikkaz in here talkin about a TGIF when todays kids got TGIT (Thank God internet/tivo)
Plus they can watch all our favorite shows via netflix or wherever...
i hope u copied n pasted that list :wow:
I wish I did :sadbron:
It took me about 10 full mintues, which is about 8 1/2 more mintues than I wanted to spend.
But I kept finding more shows I either watched myself or with my kids since 2000.

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
Who can forget the NICK sunday morning cartoon lineup for a couple of years. Doug, Rugrats, and Ren and Stimpy.

And TGIF was one of the best parts of my childhood. I feel bad for kids today.