Could FFXV Be The GOAT RPG?

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
If you want exploration outside dungeon crawling, then you're looking at the wrong game. Persona revolves around character interactions and dungeon explorations.

so what exactly is so awesome about persona's gameplay?

there's zero exploration and combat is as basic as it gets for an JRPG (there aren't even a few bells & whistles added to the combat to shake up the stale formula)

the only thing persona does different is combining a dating sim with a traditional JRPG, which like I said, if you're not a lonely otaku loser isn't really gonna appeal to you

Suiken

What time it is?
Daps
Reppin
PH

there's zero exploration and combat is as basic as it gets for an JRPG (there aren't even a few bells & whistles added to the combat to shake up the stale formula)

the only thing persona does different is combining a dating sim with a traditional JRPG, which like I said, if you're not a lonely otaku loser isn't really gonna appeal to you

It's pretty obvious that you didn't play Persona much. Mixing and matching personas and experimenting on certain combinations of attacks are what making the Persona's combat interesting, despite being a turn base.

Persona 4's plot >>>>>>>>>>>>> Corridor Fantasy.

FFXV's story doesn't look promising.

I'm sure P5 is gonna crush GTA Fantasy's building :banderas:

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
P4 was overrated to me, though I'm aware I'm in the minority. I think I'm just more of a fan of FF tropes so I'll probably prefer XV to P5. I hope I love the fukk out of both though

Suiken

What time it is?
Daps
Reppin
PH
P4 was overrated to me, though I'm aware I'm in the minority. I think I'm just more of a fan of FF tropes so I'll probably prefer XV to P5. I hope I love the fukk out of both though

2 is my favorite, tbh. It have better plot and characters. Experimenting with Tarrots were also dope.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have. P4 and P3 in particular. P5 will just improve the mechanics on it. If you are talking about variations, Persona have tons of them. There are other elements from it to enjoy outside the combat system.
The gameplay mechanics in P5 are so much more improved over 4 and 3.. I'm playing Persona 5 right now(I imported the JPN version) and the dungeon design is so much better. Instead of randomized dungeons with floors, dungeons are pre built ala SMT games with their own cutscenes, enemy encounters etc.

Also they brought back the Demon negotiations from P2.
Here's a short clip from one of the early dungeons I played.

2 is my favorite, tbh. It have better plot and characters. Experimenting with Tarrots were also dope.

If you like 2, 5 feels like a spiritual successor to 2. It's dark and the theme so far is surprising. It's leaps and bounds better than 3/4 gameplay wise.. Game is PIFF so far. The music :ohlawd: :ohlawd:

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Purtist would be stupid to let final fantasy die becuase they want to fight in turns....
It happens everywhere not just in gaming. People let nostalgia cloud their judgement. All forms of entertainment evolve and if a person doesn't like the change initially, given enough time art finds a balance and eventually becomes better. I definitely miss the soul games used to have. When it wasn't really about graphics and the real draw was an interesting story and gameplay mechanics we had never seen before.

cfountain

Wavy Like A Lake
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Im copping on drop day thanks to Gravity Rush 2 being pushed back but I must say I have low expectations. I wasn't feeling the demo at all.

And yes, I am looking to Persona 5 more than FF15. And even going to go out on a limb and say im going to finish Persona 5 before I do FF15.

Probably even finish my 2nd playthrough before I finish it:skip:

Last edited:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

...have you ever even played Persona? I can tell you haven't.

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
They need to fire this Nomura fakkit. Why all his character designs look awful and fruity as fukk?

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
If you like 2, 5 feels like a spiritual successor to 2. It's dark and the theme so far is surprising. It's leaps and bounds better than 3/4 gameplay wise.. Game is PIFF so far. The music :ohlawd: :ohlawd:
I HATE YOU SO MUCH RIGHT NOW :pacspit:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :damn: