"Cotton Picking Cherries Then Cinnamon Next" Cotto vs Geale/ Afternoon PBC Fight Thread

Who Wins?

• Martinez by Decision or KO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
His last 3 wins (Daniel Geale, Sergio Martinez, and Delvin Rodriguez) > GGG's last 3 wins ( Willie Monroe Jr., Martin Murray, and Marco Antonio Rubio ) imo:yeshrug:

You can literally point out any fighter & I can pick apart their resume.

I can be like this fighter was shot
That fighter had a bum shoulder
This fighter's mom died & he wasn't mentally there

The whole thing is pathetic. Cotto has been impressive & beat these guys in a way no one has done to them before (except Geale).

Cotto has been around for 14 years now. Like any career, your gonna have your ups & downs.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Cotto got this done quick cause he knows Bartolo Colon is pitching tonight and we gotta watch this Mets game. That's my Boricua breh :mjcry:

<<<< :blessed:

Cotto has looked sharp as fukk. I dont care who its against. Sure, Geale got rocked last fight and went through shyt with weight..and Sergio couldnt move for shyt..but anyone saying Cotto hasnt looked vastly improved is lying their ass off.

Everything about him in the ring looks better than it has been in like 5-6 years if not longer.

I dont take him stuttering about GGG as being shook at all. Thats also some hater shyt. He was literally just asked about fighting Canelo and said its a go..you think he was expecting to be asked about another opponent right after confirming his next fight? :dwillhuh:

Then he basically said if GGG is available and the situation dictates itself he's down to fight him. What else do you want? How many boxers, right after KO'ing someone, line up their next two fights in order in a post-fight in-ring interview? :comeon:

Whether he actually wants to fight him or not is besides the point..fact is his reaction to the question really shouldnt indicate shyt other than he is open to it but is obviously focusing on Canelo. (which is going to be a great fight btw)...and hell..if he fights Canelo and has the option (somehow) of a rematch with Floyd or a fight with GGG..what should he do? Fight GGG because people think he's scared? Or get a crack at Floyd before Floyd trots off into the sunset? If that is even remotely possible..on top of everything else...there is absolutely no reason for Cotto to have reacted any differently to that question than he did.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
He hasn't fought anyone...

There is no one for him to fight at 160 and won't move up to take on a legitimate challenge in Andre Ward...

He'd rather keep fighting cans at 160 and beg for fights with WW's...
He has fought good competioton, he just makes them look weak... the same way wlad makes his division look weak.

He should move up though cuz he too dominate at 160

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
I'm impressed:banderas:

#CaneloCartel...we're gonna have to discuss our gameplan, because Cotto just might be back brehs:whoa:
cotto looked great but lets see how aggressive he is when he's in with a fighter who's younger, faster, and stronger. geale's style was perfect to make cotto look great...they picked him for a reason. cotto still gets props cause he disposed of a C level fighter in the way he was supposed to, but the skill gap between canelo and geale is massive. it's been years since cotto faced an elite level fighter and it's gonna show when canelo gives him that work.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
cotto looked great but lets see how aggressive he is when he's in with a fighter who's younger, faster, and stronger. geale's style was perfect to make cotto look great...they picked him for a reason. cotto still gets props cause he disposed of a C level fighter in the way he was supposed to, but the skill gap between canelo and geale is massive. it's been years since cotto faced an elite level fighter and it's gonna show when canelo gives him that work.

Very possible...but it should be noted that the skill improvement that Cotto has shown can transfer over against better fighters as well. He's not just throwing out there..he's displaying better defense, footwork, set-up and timing as well as still having the KO power. It can easily be argued that his opponents have been shaky (no argument from me there)...but it also can't be argued that they are empty wins per se. He has simply been better than what he was en route to those victories rather than just winning with what he already had.