Corporate brehs how do you deal with the bigotry from non-blacks?

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Never take them serious and minimize all conversation to strictly professional with evidence. When you hint racist code like a cac speaking in slang only around you, throw it back at them with a cute off topic subject like, "you hate when your dog comes in the house with a wet smell and don't know how to get it out" or "you hate when Jimmy John's puts too much mayo on your sandwich", or "you hate getting skin burnt and turning orange" then cut communication immediately and pretend like you had an important project to do and get back to work or go to the restroom.

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Write down every instance noting dates and time, go to HR twice write down dates and time, if it continues keep writing down what happened and dates and times.

Do this for about 5 years then go to HR Everytime anything happens. They'll end up firing you or not promoting you.

Take them to court with all your notes then enjoy you $100,000 payday after taxes and lawyer fees

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
I come with facts.
I ALWAYS come with facts.

But my field is technical
This.

You really got to play it as cool and cold and just establish you're about the facts and nothing else. Look to Spock from Star Trek as a role model for this. That might be a little extreme but I've learned it becomes a problem when you let your guard down too much and get too comfortable being black in the workplace. Its a double standard for sure but it is about self-preservation.

If you can always show you know your shyt, no one can say shyt to you though they will always be searching for a way to get at you some other way. Don't give it to them.

I've had instances for example where a white coworker suddenly started talking AAVE towards me and I know there are a lot of black folks who want to fit in, usually less educated no offense and not trying to sound elitest, who put on for these folks and for a lot of white folks, this dynamic feels natural. When I've had this happen to me, I don't change anything about my tone or what I say. I act like I didn't hear it. Not out of some "being punked" reason but because they honestly don't know how to handle that shyt. The last dude who did this shyt to me and thought it was funny walked away feeling and looking stupid. I could see it in his face. He never did that shyt again and no he is strictly professional and serious in our interactions. Even defers to me when speaking because I think he knows I'm smarter than him and a better worker than him. He can't say shyt about it and accepted his role as my inferior. Again, not trying to sound elitist just stating the facts.

Always be on your grown man shyt with these folks. Don't "clown" with them. Its a social chess game.

Last edited:

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
Focus on you.

Document everything if you need to.

I’m pretty quick with verbal jabs, and I have a face that doesn’t invite any disrespect,

Just always focus the next move.’

Last edited:

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
I stacked my desk with black history books and only talked to black people... Some cac complained about it. My Message to the Black man and Fall of America books sent them over the edge.

Needless to say I was fired.

I'm an electrician now lol.
Not going to knock you for what you did and given you're doing something more independent I imagine you're happier now. But, if brehs want to work in corporate America, the sad truth is you can't be showing these folks your cards at all. Nothing that gives them an insight into your political or social beliefs. They should know nothing about your thoughts on issues unless it is related to work. I would not recommend stacking political books on your desk lol. But like I said, in your case, you probably happier in your position now and the corporate life probably isn't for you. No judgement or hate.

Corporate life is filled with snakes and jealous people looking to fukk you over. Got to move with that always in mind.

Last edited:

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
Not going to knock you for what you did and given you're doing something more independent I imagine you're happier now. But, if brehs want to work in corporate America, the sad truth is you can't be showing these folks your cards at all. Nothing that gives them an insight into your political or social beliefs. They should know nothing about your thoughts on issues unless it is related to work. I would not recommend stacking political books on your desk lol. But like I said, in your case, you probably happier in your position now and the corporate life probably isn't for you. No judgement or hate.

Facts I did not enjoy hiding who I was and what I was about.

As an electrician nobody gives a damn about that so I'm extremely happy where I'm at.

No HR either... LOVE IT!!