Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I also saw a Tweet, maybe on here, but a 1/3rd of the deaths in the US was from Care Facilities; Senior/Long Term Stuff. I dunno if anything will improve once the Vaccine is found, but like, I can imagine seeing tons of class action lawsuits potentially.

Though I am not a Healthcare professional, but like I would imagine that Hospitals that take care of patients have a different legal system than a Private Company that facilitates Seniors.

i think it has something to do with the enclosed space. Going from room to room. I’m not sure there is anything they could do.

My aunt lives in a retirement complex and they haven’t had cases cause no one goes room to room.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
California has the talent pool other states don't have especially in the tech space.

Think of the sheer amount of top notch engineers living in the Bay Area.

The thing is, for all these Midwest states proclaiming low tax rates and incentives, most companies still haven’t invested in moving large scale operations there.

The amenities, education, and culture on the coast lives most of the middle to shame.Add in the proximity to China and Europe for shipping cost. Texas is the only state that could compete.

Sammy Steez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MKE
The thing is, for all these Midwest states proclaiming low tax rates and incentives, most companies still haven’t invested in moving large scale operations there.

The amenities, education, and culture on the coast lives most of the middle to shame.Add in the proximity to China and Europe for shipping cost. Texas is the only state that could compete.

I would say that Chicago is burgeoning tech hub as well. Minneapolis has potential too.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
As I drink my coffee, I've been thinking about MAGA.

It brought me to a great quote from the ending of SIX FEET UNDER, a show about Death itself. It deals with the youngest sibling leaving for New York, but having to leave her family in California to achieve her dream.

Basically the notion is that no matter how much MAGA wanted America back under Trump, even if Trump was smart, that specific time has passed. Certain jobs won't be coming back, like Coal Mining. I think Obama didn't just bring out racial hatred, but also this fear, the concept of answering to a Black Man; a non-white.

Even if a black man never became president again, that past is over. The more you fight against the known future, the more turmoil and anger springs up, because the current of life is too strong. That's why you can't really reach with MAGA through this Coronavirus and never again; they want that Old America back, but don't realize that America has died.

So they wander with anger/regret/distrust, looking for a leader that will help bring it back. It's why they trust Trump and no one else. Because everything else isn't America to them. With this Coronavirus though, it only has sped up the complete death of their grasp on their livelihood.

When Trump is out of office, they will look to him for guidance and slowly distance themselves more from people who don't agree with their ideas. It just makes me wonder what happens next, when Trump abandons them, because I don't think the next Republican candidate for President will try to appease them but not as much as Trump did after the primaries.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
HuffPost is now a part of Verizon Media

shyt like this is so fukking sad and depressing. You have people who filed for unemployment since March and haven’t gotten their funds. This shyt is ridiculous. There is millions of Americans on the edge and yet our government is acting like nothing is happening. The long term mental health ramifications of this is gonna be devastating.
The government wants us to die