Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
:laff:

I try not to watch him too much because I can't fukking stand they way he talks or his mannerisms, but I love almost every impression done of him. Hearing it from him is infuriating but hearing it from Stephen Colbert or whoever as him is hilarious :laugh:

How Trump pronounces Democrats as "Demmercraa...."

McTwerk

Dreams and Nightmares
Daps
Reppin
In the Cloud
This virus just shows going forward each country will start making their own medical supplies and stock them and completely cut China off in that regard

This virus has really pulled the veil off America for a lot of reasons, but a huge one to me is all the companies that provide critical goods and essential supplies that have no Business Continuity Plan to be able to make even 15% of their goods domestically. I work in Risk Management and it infuriated me that none of these companies gave a damn about a global catastrophe that could cripple supply chains and even have cold sites to get production going.

Congress should mandate that any critical supply producing companies must make 20% of their annual output domestically so when the shyt hits the fan, we don’t end up fukking ourselves because we are waiting around on China.

Capitalism turnt to cannibalism in the face of a calamity.

Tj Bronson

Average Carpentry Skills
Supporter
Daps
How Trump pronounces Democrats as "Demmercraa...."
That, the invisible accordion, the breathless way he describes certain things, the pathetic reliance on self congratulatory adjectives like big, huge, tremendous, that fukking thing he does where everything under the sun has to be the "most adjective noun in history" because accomplishing even the most pedestrian of things just isn't good enough, that thing he does where he refuses to acknowledge simply misspeaking or mispronouncing a word and instead will just throw in an "and" like he meant to say both the right and the wrong thing... all absolutely infuriate me. For so many reasons, everything about this fukking fakkit drives me absolutely insane...

But let Seth Meyers, Trevor Noah or @2Quik4UHoes quote him exactly in an impression of him? Hilarious :russ:

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
This virus has really pulled the veil off America for a lot of reasons, but a huge one to me is all the companies that provide critical goods and essential supplies that have no Business Continuity Plan to be able to make even 15% of their goods domestically. I work in Risk Management and it infuriated me that none of these companies gave a damn about a global catastrophe that could cripple supply chains and even have cold sites to get production going.

Congress should mandate that any critical supply producing companies must make 20% of their annual output domestically so when the shyt hits the fan, we don’t end up fukking ourselves because we are waiting around on China.

*Tries to convince large multinational corporation to be concerned about potential crises preparations over maximizing short term profits*

Large multinational corporation:

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Please let this be true, at this point I want the soap opera to have hella plot twists :pachaha:
We been passed that point. I just want politics to be boring again. I don’t know why but the disinfectant - sarcasm thing broke me. He was sounding senile up there. At least people were dying in wars back then (or for being black)

Last edited:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
'No evidence' you can't get Covid-19 twice, says WHO

The World Health Organization said on Saturday there was currently “no evidence” that people who have recovered from coronavirus are protected from a second infection – even if they now have antibodies against it.

In a statement, the UN health agency warned against issuing “immunity passports” or “risk-free certificates” to people who have been infected, saying the practice may actually increase the risk of spread as they may ignore standard advice.

It also warned that the accuracy and reliability of tests for antibodies to coronavirus were not certain.

“Inaccurate immunodiagnostic tests may falsely categorise people in two ways,” the WHO’s latest scientific brief said. “The first is that they may falsely label people who have been infected as negative, and the second is that people who have not been infected are falsely labelled as positive. Both errors have serious consequences and will affect control efforts.”

Chile said last week it would begin handing out “health passports” to people deemed to have recovered from the illness, Reuters reports. Once screened to determine if they have developed antibodies to make them immune to the virus, they could immediately rejoin the workforce.

But, the WHO said: “At this point in the pandemic, there is not enough evidence about the effectiveness of antibody-mediated immunity to guarantee the accuracy of an ‘immunity passport’ or ‘risk-free certificate’. People who assume that they are immune to a second infection because they have received a positive test result may ignore public health advice. The use of such certificates may therefore increase the risks of continued transmission.”
:francis:

---

Superstar
Daps

Amen breh, said the same thing few hundred pages back. I worked for a hedge fund about 8 years ago. We had plans for nearly everything under the sun to mitigate risk for fat tail events.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

As Oxley, an interventional neurologist, began the procedure to remove the clot, he observed something he had never seen before. On the monitors, the brain typically shows up as a tangle of black squiggles — “like a can of spaghetti,” he said — that provide a map of blood vessels. A clot shows up as a blank spot. As he used a needlelike device to pull out the clot, he saw new clots forming in real-time around it.

“This is crazy,” he remembers telling his boss.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Reading the last few posts There’s so much different info on what the virus does to you how dangerous it is to certain people if u can get it again etc

Who the hell knows were still learning about it there’s a lot we don’t know.The more you read the more anxiety you’re gonna get from reading worst case scenarios

I try to stay away from it it doesn’t help your mental health especially when we’re not sure what’s 100 percent accurate yet or not

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Not sure if posted, this might be the new normal after lockdown

I would say nothing is normal until the Vaccine is mass produced. It will be within 2 years for sure. People that want everything back to normal don't want to comprehend that nothing will go back to normal until the vaccine is available.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
I would say nothing is normal until the Vaccine is mass produced. It will be within 2 years for sure. People that want everything back to normal don't want to comprehend that nothing will go back to normal until the vaccine is available.

I don’t think things would be the same even with the vaccine, were still gonna have to practice hygiene on a regular basis. How will the world function worrying about getting sick from this thing every second of our lives?