Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why the fukk isn't Senate/House Democratic leadership this strong? :damn:
i guess i dont understand why blue states and their governors let themselves overpay by 110 billion while kentucky takes in 148 billion :dahell:

are democrats the weakest party in the history of anything? what am i missing here?

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Rhakim you see anymore like this?
Anyone in europe wassup?
NPR Choice page
''
Europe's Economy Was Hit Hard Too, But Jobs Didn't Disappear Like In The U.S
I dont know of anyone who lost jobs in the UK but it is still early. Small businesses took a hit, some self inflicted and avoidable, and obviously the hospitality industry is a wash, but it would be interesting to find out if most of those workers got furloughed.

Agent Mulder

Fight The Future
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NYC

So the 8 states that didn't place lockdowns/shelter in place mandates haven't been hit harder than the states that did??

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Exclusive: Amazon confirms largest known outbreak of COVID-19 at a warehouse outside NYC

Amazon confirms largest outbreak of COVID-19 at warehouse outside NYC

Over 30 workers at an Amazon warehouse in Carteret, New Jersey, have contracted COVID-19, the company told Business Insider.

"Every other day it's the same text message," one employee said. "I used to feel safe here, but not anymore."

It appears to be the worst known outbreak at an Amazon facility, coming days before the company plans to terminate its policy of unlimited, unpaid time off.

Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

Amazon is confirming its largest outbreak of the novel coronavirus after an employee told Business Insider that over 30 coworkers had contracted the disease at a warehouse outside New York City.

"We are supporting the individuals, who are recovering," Amazon spokesperson Timothy Carter told Business Insider.

On Wednesday, workers at the Amazon fulfillment center in Carteret, New Jersey - just across the river from Staten Island - received a text message informing them of "additional confirmed cases of COVID-19."

"Every other day it's the same text message," one employee who wished to remain anonymous said. "Our building during one day shift has over 500 people in the building at once. There's no way to properly distance yourself when running at that capacity. And every day they're hiring more and more people."

"I used to feel safe here, but not anymore," they added. "They just care about putting out packages."

The cases have been steadily rising for the last month, according to another worker at the facility who also asked to remain anonymous.

"Unfortunately, they refuse to close," they complained. And, "because I fear infecting my children and mother, who currently has cancer, I am forced to stay home without pay."

But that - the ability to stay home without pay - will soon change. Earlier this week, Amazon told Business Insider that on April 30 it will be terminating its policy of unlimited, unpaid time off, which was first announced in March as part of the company's response to the coronavirus. The $2 an hour increase in hazard pay is also set to expire.

"I think it means they want people who don't want to come to work to start quitting," another employee at a New York-area warehouse said at the time.

The company has stepped up efforts to provide workers with protective gear, such as gloves and masks, and begun checking temperatures at the start of shifts.

Amazon also recently announced an effort to develop an in-house testing lab, though one expert, Dr. Ashish Jha, Director of the Harvard Global Health Institute, told Business Insider that the initiative could result in an unwelcome increase in competition for testing resources.

Have a news tip? Email this reporter: cdavis@insider.com

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
@Rhakim you see anymore like this?
Anyone in europe wassup?
NPR Choice page
''
Europe's Economy Was Hit Hard Too, But Jobs Didn't Disappear Like In The U.S
If the system worked in unison, instead of in pieces like here in the states, this could be achievable.

Debt and loan deferment should be happening at each level from consumer/employee on up the chain. The focus would be on survival and sustainability, not margins and profit. All the money that the government is appropriating in phases could be more efficiently allocated in those terms and the country could have floated several months on it. Long enough for a 45-60 day quarantine, then we would be having different conversations and thinking about how to move around in day-to-day life instead of waiting for the next shoe to drop.

F K

All Star
Daps
i guess i dont understand why blue states and their governors let themselves overpay by 110 billion while kentucky takes in 148 billion :dahell:

are democrats the weakest party in the history of anything? what am i missing here?
Republicans don't care if the poor suffer and democrats do. even if it's poor people that hate them like many of the ones in kentucky.