Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
:mjlol: That’s the Cavs’ championship parade from June 2016. I’m down there somewhere getting paid to skip work.

I wish we could go back to those days :to:
I was in town for work during that time, me and my co-workers had to walk through the parade with our bags to get to the small airport on the water there in Cleveland to take the Ultimate Shuttle out to
Cincinnati. Not only was I mad that I lost money on the Warriors, but the happy ass Cleveland fans, then all uber and cab traffic being effectively shutdown forcing us to have to walk just made me even saltier.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.

F K

All Star
Daps
Depends entirely on the other option...

:whoa:Lets stay on topic, you can take this to another thread.
i'm on to you breh you fake libertarian. Civil Liberties is literally the only thing libertarians disagree with republicans on and you are all in for their culture war anti black policing policies.
what's wrong with you? Republicans created the war on drugs, created mass incarceration of black males and you vote for them for Criminal Justice positions?:pacspit:

You can be a principled black free marketeer but this shyt is beyond the pale and you should be embarrassed.

There is no justification for voting a conservative police chief, if the other option is bad the moral decision is to ABSTAIN.

Jigganaut

Sick of you nigg@s
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hampton VA Pull up

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
What he means is, "The Trump Administration, which otherwise is responding shytty as fukk to the crisis at every level, is trying to take political advantage of the situation by deregulating everything they can just like they've been doing for the previous 3 years, hoping it will then lead to more fallacious arguments after the fact just like the one Dead7 is making here such that they can justify even further deregulation."
Disaster capitalism at work.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He can't do shyt. The President doesn't have that power. That's up to the states.

He's trying to use it as a setup for an "I told you so" later.

He can at any time. He already announced the entire nation into a State of Emergency. You DO understand what that means?

I'll give you an article for a brief education:

Trump’s Reasonable—And Yet Still Worrisome—Emergency Declaration

The other law on which Trump’s Friday declarations relied, the 1976 National Emergencies Act (NEA), represents an entirely different and far more dangerous model of emergency powers. The law itself confers no emergency authorities, but rather authorizes the president to invoke special powers contained in more than 100 other provisions of law, by virtue of declaring a “national emergency.” Unlike the Stafford Act, the NEA does not define what constitutes a qualifying emergency; that decision is left to the president. In the declaration, the president must specify which powers he intends to invoke, and he must issue updates if he adds new powers to the list.

provision allowing the secretary of transportation to waive vehicle weight limits for bulk shipments of jet fuel to an Air National Guard base. Others, however, are alarming. There are laws that enable the president to shut down or take over radio stations, freeze Americans’ bank accounts, unilaterally limit international trade, and detail U.S. forces to other governments. And the NEA has no requirement that the powers the president invokes relate to the nature of the emergency.

What is likely going to happen, the vast majority of states are going to issue a shutdown of their respective states, then lead to closings of each state borders. Then a police state within each state to enforce the shutdowns which lead to the governors begging for federal assistance to enforce and Trump is going to put force a national shutdown. Do not believe this talk about opening up the borders in weeks. He already began to enforce the Defense Production Act while making it appear his hand was forced, but we know Trump is known to abuse powers and he has control of all businesses whenever he pleases right now. With this State of Emergency, he has the power to prolong the general election and remain as president until he deems as the "threat" is all clear. Not saying there's no threat, but there's no way to say it is all clear unless he FEELS it is and remove the State of Emergency.

It is easy for society to slowly fall into this trap. They already have us accepting the shelter in place without any SOLID confirmed data by this government of the nature of the threat in terms of severity. Just the narrative that anyone may have the virus, even YOU so say home until WE (the government) tell you it is safe to come out.You see how quick our society turned upside down to where there's a real likelihood that there WON'T be a general election. And what can Congress do with this reality of Trump to abuse his power which he really has right now? Nothing. They already tried impeachment with failure. They won't invoke the 25th Amendment due to the same obstacles of why impeachment failed.

So, in short. Yes he DOES have that power due to him stating the country as a State of Emergency which enacted the Stafford Act and the National Emergencies Act. Get ready for FEMA to be used like concentration camps for people testing "positive" even if you do not have symptoms, because we ARE going to reach to a point of forced quarantine. Be prepared of mandatory vaccinations if Trump is able to get that malaria vaccine through which he is currently trying. Be prepared for a text book interpretation of Animal Farm and racial warfare and classism playing a huge part. Be prepared to have these tracking devices that Bill Gates was advocating. This isn't any bullshyt and more serious than the actual virus itself. And I'm not saying it as some conspiracy. Just point out what all of this can realistically lead to which is already beginning right now.