Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

DonFrancisco

Your Favorite Tio!
Daps
Reppin
Sabado Gigante
Possibly, but the board is littered with post insinuating its the case now, and its not.
Right now, if I or a loved one gets ill, i dont want Scandinavian style healthcare, or french healthcare, or UK style healthcare.
I want American care.
:yeshrug:

Sweden:
121 Cases which had an outcome:
16 (13%)Recovered / Discharged
105 (87%)Deaths

Norway:
26 Cases which had an outcome:
7 (27%) Recovered / Discharged
19 (73%) Deaths

U.K.
894 Cases which had an outcome:
135 (15%) Recovered / Discharged
759 (85%) Deaths

:scust:

You're lying you ass out...

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Just listened to Susan Rice on Pod Save the World explain what would’ve and could’ve been done by the Obama Admin and :wow:

- Trump isn’t close to using all of the government’s power
- Would've used Defensive Production Act in January
- Coordinated global effort
- Military would be deployed to increase supply chain capacity
- Pandemic teams stood up
- During the ebola crisis, Obama was going to deploy 3,000 soldiers to Africa to help logistics to prevent spread to rest of world (ie field hospitals, airlift, etc.)

Added that we’ve squandered our world leadership and now no one desires to help us.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Email sent today from United CEO - after article yesterday says they’re cutting staff :rolleyes:

I hate that they’re the main carrier for SFO

That is why it is so important our government acted on a comprehensive relief act to ensure our airline – and our industry – are ready and able to serve you again when this crisis abates.

I want to relay to you, in as deeply personal a way I can, the heartfelt appreciation of my 100,000 United team members and their families for this vital public assistance to keep America and United flying for you.

This support will save jobs in our business and many others. And it allows us time to make decisions about the future of our airline to ensure that we can offer you the service you deserve and have come to expect as our customers.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
91180634_10215731834200973_4885373484990988288_n.jpg

:mjpls:

My country is giving 90 bucks to the 60% of the most vulnerable/poor population and giving them some leeway with water, energy and basic bills. The rest can go fukk themselves basically and live of their unemployment check. They are even trying to make it so that business can stop paying workers due to the virus with no compensation whatsoever.

I'm not sure there a more demonic neo liberal countries than Chile, but rest assured that the U.S has competition when it comes to devil capitalists.

Last edited:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Just listened to Susan Rice on Pod Save the World explain what would’ve and could’ve been done by the Obama Admin and :wow:

- Trump isn’t close to using all of the government’s power
- Would've used Defensive Production Act in January
- Coordinated global effort
- Military would be deployed to increase supply chain capacity
- Pandemic teams stood up
- During the ebola crisis, Obama was going to deploy 3,000 soldiers to Africa to help logistics to prevent spread to rest of world (ie field hospitals, airlift, etc.)

Added that we’ve squandered our world leadership and now no one desires to help us.
Murcia 1st

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
CNN Poll of Polls: Trump's approval up amid coronavirus concerns - CNNPolitics

It's looking more and more like this Coronavirus shyt is about to get Cheeto reelected. :snoop:
Y'all always overreacting WAY too quick. We're like 2 weeks into the American numbers and the election is in November. The people supporting Trump are largely the ones who also believe his bullshyt about how quickly it's all going to go away, plus the positive feelings of a massive response bill just getting passed.

If the most serious part of this shyt stretches out another month or more, if tens of thousands of people die, if the economy is still shytty and recovering in October, then his opponent is going to continuously replay all that "pretty soon there will be zero cases!", "like a miracle it will all go away!", "It will be gone by April!", "It's a democratic hoax!" bullshyt and people will be fatigued from all the shyt they went through plus the economy falling down. It's an ugly, ugly situation for an incumbent to be in.

He's getting a disaster bonus for the moment. It will fade.

Last edited:

F K

All Star
Daps
Using the exact measures you tried to use:

* In deaths/million population, USA is in the 11th percentile of the world (meaning 89% of nations are doing better than us) even though we're one of the richest countries on Earth. There are 175 countries with a lower death rate than we have so far, only 19 countries are worse than us and 5 of those 19 are tiny states with just 1-2 deaths. And chances are in the next few days our death rate will increase rapidly.

* In terms of deaths/recoveries ratio, of the 10 countries with at least 1000 outcomes, we're 9th out of 10. Only Italy is worse, every other country with that many outcomes has a better ratio than we do. If we drop the criteria down for deaths/recoveries, of the 29 countries with at least 100 outcomes, we're in 22nd place. However, of those seven countries below us it's clear that several of them (Netherlands for example, with only 3 recoveries out of 8,622 cases even though their first case was five weeks ago), simply aren't reporting recoveries the same way we are.

So by the EXACT criteria you were using, we look like shyt compared to the rest of the world. You tried to cherry-pick a comparison to a couple countries that clearly just weren't reporting data or were on different places in the curve, without acknowledging that you were using a laughable standard to do it.
:damn: @DEAD7 is too ideological to ever change his mind on anything, but thank you for stating the facts anyway:salute:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo I understand yall hate Trump but yall are acting like stupid children at times. OMG he called AROD from the oval office, amongst other people...he's terrible. SMH.

Another tweet talking about he called him for advice on the coronavirus with ZERO proof of that.

Stop being Easily manipulated fuxn idiots and thinking on the level of retarded children
trump said that the number of cases was going to go from 15 to 0. it was either the worst lie a president has ever told the american people, or the stupidest fukkin thing anyone has ever said, ever

he doesnt deserve the benefit of the doubt :yeshrug:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Just wait. India will never have enough testing to cover their population but it will make those numbers look like decimals.

There's some pretty good evidence now that coronavirus has a more difficult time transmitting in warmer countries. If India's lucky it's not going to see too much this season, though it might be in for a horrible surprise when winter hits in December.

But if it does transmit even barely effectively enough to create community transmission, you'll right that it'll be a disaster. Giant crowds, impossible to maintain meaningful social isolation, people in bad health already with all sorts of respiratory issues and pollution, health system already overrun on a normal day, and I wouldn't be the least surprised if a lot of medical folk flee rather than put themselves in danger by it all. We're talking millions potentially.

It's also possible that just the cooler parts of the country will have a major outbreak now. We'll see.