Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
So when the cholera and the syphilis outbreaks first started popping up in America, do you know who they blamed and scapegoated? Us, BLACK AMERICANS. America has an long history of scape goating the Other when these sorts of things pop up. How is Scapegoating a whole race of ppl to 'take responsibility' over an disease they had no control of going to lead to an cure?All this sort of shyt leads to an increase in hate crimes against innocent ppl who had no part in the disease but who are actually victims.And not to mention, it not Asian ppls fault that our response was shytty to begin with.So yeah, I'd be careful with statements like that.
I largely agree. However, China's government also bears a lot of responsibility for this. The first confirmed case of coronavirus was in November and the Chinese government ignored the situation and basically blocked any info about coronavirus from coming out for a month. The CCP also didn't close down the market in Wuhan until a month later. During that time the virus spread across China (and of course eventually the world).

Of course, not every Chinese/East/Southeast Asian person is to blame and people of those backgrounds/heritage shouldn't be attacked or racially abused. Anyways, there's also a reason why those "wet markets" exist in China. There is a demand for it (I know that most Chinese people don't eat from those markets) and China's government has failed to take action to shut down these markets and expand the food supply.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
this nurse on CNN is pretty much saying nurses and doctors are gonna start saying "fukk this" if they keep having to do this without fresh masks and gear
I asked my mom the other day if she has the ability to reject doing a case or working if she feels unsafe. According to her, the administration at her hospital, so far, has been giving them a lot of leeway of how they can handle cases and said if they feel it is unsafe to do a case they can cancel or postpone. That gave me some relief.

They have a few cases at her hospital now but she said they get a daily notice of how well they are doing on supplies and things like that everyday and she says they've been status "green" so far which is the best they can be at right now.

My fear is that once this starts building up in her area that the administration she was talking about is going to start walking back and forcing doctors to work in unsafe conditions. I understand that to a degree but when you know someone personally who may be impacted by that, you can't help but think selfishly.

Ghost_In_A_Shell

Talk No Jutsu
Daps
I largely agree. However, China's government also bears a lot of responsibility for this. The first confirmed case of coronavirus was in November and the Chinese government ignored the situation and basically blocked any info about coronavirus from coming out for a month. The CCP also didn't close down the market in Wuhan until a month later. During that time the virus spread across China (and of course eventually the world).

Of course, not every Chinese/East/Southeast Asian person is to blame and people of those backgrounds/heritage shouldn't be attacked or racially abused. Anyways, there's also a reason why those "wet markets" exist in China. There is a demand for it (I know that most Chinese people don't eat from those markets) and China's government has failed to take action to shut down these markets and expand the food supply.
But ppl are not laying the blame were its due -at the door of the Chinese government. Furthermore, ppl aren't making that distinction, they just straight up attack ppl who even look asian. But I agree with you, they have to be shut down.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
@wire28 do what you got to do breh
There is a rumor going around that phlebotomists are already saying fukk that.

the thought hasn’t crossed my mind yet but every day coming in here things looking worse and worse and Michigan ain’t even peaked yet...